He gets a girlfriend

Your P.O.V

You finish washing the dishes , you dry your hands and then your phone rings. You pick it up when you see that your best friend Froy is calling you. "Hi Froy" you say into the phone , "Hi Y/N" he says back. You walk into the living room and you sit on the comfortable sofa. "Remember that time you said I should go for it?" He asks , "yeah" you answer , "well remember when I told you I liked someone?" Froy asks , you start to get butterflies in your stomach. The truth is you've developed feelings for Froy over the last couple of years but he doesn't know. "Yeah I remember" you tell him, "so..I asked this girl that I really like to be my girlfriend and she said yes!" He says happily into the phone. Your smile fades, the butterflies are gone, you hide the fact that he broke you into a million pieces "oh..umm that's great...uh I have to go...bye Froy" you say , you quickly hang up. You know that you shouldn't be like this , you should be happy for him , he deserves to be happy. You place the phone on the coffee table and then you turn on the TV.

(Later that night)

You lie underneath the blankets watching Netflix. Your phone pings and you pick it up, it's a text from Froy. You open the the app and you click on his message.

Froy: Hey , are you okay?
You: Yeah I'm fine , why?
Froy: well you hung up quite quickly
You: Yeah I had to finish cleaning the house
Froy: do you want to grab coffee with me and (pick a name/that's not yours) ?
You: who's (the name you picked) ?
Froy: my girlfriend
You: oh
You: I can't sorry. (You make an excuse)
Froy: oh okay , goodnight Y/N
You: goodnight.

You turn off your phone and you place it on the dressing table next to your bed. You turn your bedside lamp off and you find yourself a comfortable position and then you start to slowly close your eyes.

(The next morning)

Your alarm blasts , waking you up. You turn your alarm off. You sit up , as you do that you yawn , you run your hand through your hair.
You get up and you walk into the bathroom , doing your morning routine.

You slowly make your way downstairs into the kitchen. You grab a bowl, milk and cereal. You pour the milk in and then you grab a spoon and you sit down at the small dinning table.
                                                                 ————

You sit on the sofa , the blanket cuddling you. You flick through Netflix and you decide to re-watch your favourite tv show (or movie). You take a sip of your favourite kind of tea (if you don't like tea then coffee or other) , then there's a knock on your door. You place the cup down and you make your way to the door.

You open it and there stands your best friend. "Hi Froy" you say normally , hiding your feelings like you've always done. "Hey Y/N, can I come in?" He asks , "yeah" you say quietly and you step aside to let him through. He looks at the TV, "you're still watching that" he chuckles , "re-watching actually" you laugh slightly and you sit on your space on the sofa. Froy sits as well but not as close as he used to . You don't look into his eyes, "Y/N?" He says your name and that makes you look up. "Yeah?" He looks into your eyes "what's wrong?" He asks , "nothing is wrong" you deny , "there clearly is..." He trails on "you quickly hung up on me, you didn't want to get coffee but ever since we met we've been getting coffee every week" Froy explains , "I'm just not in the mood for coffee" you say.
There's an awkward silence between the two of you , silence that has never been there before, "it's her...isn't it?" He asks , "what?" You look at him , "it's (optional name) isn't it....that's why you don't want to go because of her?" He raises his voice slightly , "I-I uh.." Froy interrupts you "you just don't want me to be happy..." he looks at you the way he's never looked at you before like ever. "No..I want you to be happy.." "then what is it...because it's clear that it's something to do with my girlfriend huh?" You cling onto your blanket as his voice goes louder at every word he says. You shake your head 'no' , "well what is it then?" Froy asks with the same tone, "I'm sorry" you say softly , "sorry for what?" He asks , you stand up from the sofa , "for having feelings for you" you say and a tear escapes your eye, you turn and you make your way upstairs. You quickly run into your room and you lock it , you hear your name being called. You look at your bedroom door and the handle moves meaning that Froy is trying to get in, "Y/N? Please open the door" he says in a softer tone , "no" you say plainly "let me in....please" Froy tries again , "there's no point Froy...just...just go home" you lean you back on the door and you start to slide down to a sitting position. "I'm sorry" you say one more time , "bye Y/N" you hear him say and hear his footsteps making their way down the stairs , then the front door closes.
......................................................................................................................
Please read 💛

Hey guys, I will be making a part 2 for this , comment if you'd like me to start taking in requests 💛 I might consider changing the cover for the book 💛