Death and Destruction Triple X

The forces we've unleashed?  What the hell's he talking about? Unbridled destruction's here because of him!

"Look, he's escaping!" Connor's shouts, interrupt my thoughts. He points down the hall as the alarm pounds in our ears.

"No, wait! I gently grab his arm, restraining him from attempting pursuit. "Dylan's too badly burned. We need to help him."

Thanks to Connor flooding the exhibit room, the fire seems to be dying down to glowing embers, consuming itself. I breath a sigh of relief. The building's not going to burn to the ground.

"Connor, did Blair undo the binding spell on Donna?" I'm relieved when he nods in the affirmative.

"Good. That means Stanford's mess may take care of itself.  Right now, I wouldn't want to be him."

He looks at me quizzically. "Why do you say that? Because he's going to be arrested?"

I shake my head, "No, he'd be luckier if he was. Kali's all about death, destruction, and vengeance. Not to mention Donna's been earthbound waiting for her chance to go after anyone involved in her murder. She's going to want a piece of the action tonight. This is her chance to finish her business and leave."

Connor's eyes go wide? "Blair summoned Donna Walker's ghost to take revenge on Stanford?"

"Let's just say, nature's taking it's course."

Connor glances in the direction Stanford headed. "How are you going to locate him?"

"With this." I hold up the grimoire.

Dylan suddenly moans, and slumps down against the wall. Frightened, I rush over to him. "Stay still for the ambulance." I gently throw my coat around him, causing him to wince. He grimaces, then gives me a pained smile. "Lizzy, you were quite the hellion tonight. Standing up to Stanford, and getting us out of that inferno. Thank you."

"Dylan, I was terrified." Inside, I'm anxious and worried about him, but I can't help enjoying his praise.

I hear footsteps running up the hall. For a moment I think it's Stanford, but Blair arrives out of breath. "WHAT IN GOD'S NAME HAPPENED?" She demands.

Connor answers her over the fire alarm.
"Dylan and Lizzy's brilliant rescue tactics nearly burned down the museum."

"Smart Ass!" Blair scolds him.

While Connor stays with Dylan, Blaire and I take the grimoire and move to a secluded spot.

"Julia was right, I tell her, "This book is too dangerous. I need to burn the grimoire after we're done here tonight."

"Burn it? I don't want to ever let go of it! I've never felt such power!" Blair's face is flushed with a feverish glow. With alarm, I notice her eyes have gone from velvety brown to a shiny black obsidian color.

Blair's lust for vengeance for her aunt's death, is that what's tapping the evil energy? She seems to be getting a high off of the spell she cast and the ensuing chaos.

"Blair, this book is too powerful for any of us! It corrupted Danielle, my mother, and then Dr. Roy. They weren't bad to begin with, but power drew them in and turned them to darkness. I don't think it should exist here on earth. We need to destroy it."

"I won't let you!" Lunging forward, she tries to pull the book from my hands.

"Blair, listen to me. Stanford still has the Dragon Pendant. If he gets his hands on the book, he can regenerate and build a new cult. We have to stop him!"

Slowly, my words sink in and Blair's eyes become clear again. I sigh with relief, but stiffen when we both hear a sinister growl erupt behind us. Two glowing eyes appear in the darkened hallway.

"What is that?" Blair whispers, fearfully.