soulmate part 1

soulmate- a person ideally suited to another as a close friend or romantic partner.

description- where is my soulmate? au; kian (15) 16, jc 18.

k.l.

kiera? kyania? kamoni? kiana? some other name with starting with k? two years had went by since the letters appeared on jc's wrist.

jc lived in a world where your soulmates initials show up on your wrist on your sixteenth birthday. the initials appear, you find your soulmate, and happily ever after.

that's in the fairy tales, jc was sure of it. everyone around him was in love and had found their soulmate, but where was his at?

of course when he was fifteen, he thought the love of his life was named lia. then, it was chelsey before his birthday.

his party had only just began and all day he was checking his arms for any sign of c.a. jc's mother counted to three, his family and friends started singing, then... no sign of a c.a. was near his arm. no, it was a k.l. he looked at chelsey with such disappointment in his eyes.

she knew.

he plopped down in his seat at the lunch table, groaning loudly with frustration. "where is she at?" he asked out loud, banging his head on the table.

chelsey's face scrunched up, "dude, it's never that serious," she told him, lacing her fingers in his hair to raise his head. "have you ever thought... maybe it's not a she?"

jc looked at her with confusion written on his face. "what, like a monster or something?" he asked. ricky sat his tray down while laughing with a boy jc had never seen before.

"no, like a boy," chelsey whispered.

"this is kian," ricky said. "he's new!" jc shoved the girls hands away from his head, completely ignoring his best friend.

"what the hell are you talking about?" he asked. "are you mad? i swear to God, you think of some crazy things, chelsey, but this tops it all," he felt her forehead, before she shoved him away from her.

"are you mad?" she mimicked, slouching back in her chair.

"don't mind them, they fight a lot," franny pipped up from behind kian as he looked at them.

kian made himself comfortable in the seat across from the boy that was fighting with the girl. he raised his eyebrows, looking at the girl that scared the shit out of him.

she sat down on the arguing girl's lap, "franny," she introduced. kian smiled shyly, looking down at his arm. he noticed faded outlines started appearing on his wrist. he tried to squint to figure the letters out, but it was near to impossible.

"guys, kian's birthday is tomorrow!" bobby said, joining the group along with a few other people kian didn't meet yet.

"yeah.." kian muttered, blushing at the attention he was getting. everyone's eyes were on him, excited looks on their faces. well, except for the boy that sat across from him.

"you'll see your soulmates initials! what if they go here? could you imagine?" franny dreamily looked at chelsey. "true love," she whispered.

(bet you didn't imagine norey putting these two together, huh? it kinda just happened, don't question it.)

kian chuckled, taking a bite of his burger. he had to admit, he was excited to see who his soulmate was. "what's your name again," jc asked, actually paying attention this time and not blowing on his hot wrist.

"kian.. kian lawley," the younger boy muttered. chelsey coughed while drinking a sip of water, causing a coughing fit to arise. jc looked at her in concern and helped franny pat her back.

"cough, holy, cough, shit," she gasped, clawing at jc's arm. she shoved his wrist to his face, still trying to come down from her coughing outbreak.

jc looked at his wrist and almost pissed himself. "um-um-um," he stuttered, eyes widening at the k.l. that was shining bright and burning his skin. "i need to go!" jc stumbled out of his chair, falling the ground.

kian watched him run out the lunchroom, crashing into tables and unsuspecting people. what was that about? he thought.

jc pushed the restroom door open, gasping as he ran inside. the initials turned a dull red and his arm no longer felt on fire. he turned the sink on and ran his hand over the cool water. his mind went into complete cardiac arrest.

wait, could that happen? no, that deals with the heart, he concluded. but hell, he could practically feel his heart beating in his head as he panicked over his soulmate being a boy. a boy who wasn't terrible looking.

what?

the door swung open, showing a distraught ricky breathing heavily. "jay-see, man, what happened back there?" he asked, setting his hands on his knees, trying to catch his breath.

jc turned the sink off, shoving his arm towards ricky's face. "it burned, it was shining and burning, ricky," he panicked. ricky gave him a weird look, signaling he was a fucking idiot and didn't understand what jc was saying. "k.l. k.l. KIAN LAWLEY! the love of my life is a guy.. rick, my arm was on fire!" he yelled.

ricky shook his head, standing up straight. "what?" he asked.

jc could've screamed. so, he did. "AGH, YOU CLUELESS SWINE, KIAN IS MY SOULMATE AND WHEN YOU ARE CLOSE TO YOUR SOULMATE, THE INITIALS BURN," he shook ricky's shoulders.

"oh... that's why chelsey started choking and you went all crazy in the lunchroom," he said.

"yes," jc huffed, leaning against the wall. he always thought his soulmate would be a girl. he's only ever liked girls. well... except when he saw this one boy on twitter and swooned like he had no sense. but, guys look at guys a different way sometimes, right? ...right?

the bell rung and it was time for class, but jc wasn't in the mood. he just wanted to go home and figure out what he was going to do about this situation. after all, kian's birthday was tomorrow and he'd know the truth too.