FOUR

"Nova?"

At the sound of her name she made no response. Figured it was some voice inside her head. Nova shifted to her side snuggling more into her arm going back to sleep.

"Nova?" The voice repeated.

Go away Nova begged and answering her prayers it did.

Finally.. Nova thought. After a moment she suddenly felt an arm touch her. She panicked, her instincts kicking in she jolted up twisting the arm shoving them down to the ground.

The man hissed in pain,"Nova it's me!"

Oh shit

"T'Challa!?" Nova exclaimed quickly letting him go. T'Challa groaned rubbing his arm while Nova helped him up.

"Oh god I'm so sorry! It's just that's a instinct I have. Please don't take it the wrong way I wouldn't hurt a king nor you. Well not unless I had a reason to but for you no reason at all." Nova blabbered.

T'Challa couldn't help but be entertained at the girls blabbering. He placed his hand on Novas hand to calm her down.

"It's okay. I won't take any offense to it. But may I ask why you were sleeping here?" He questioned.

Nova looked around her surroundings realizing where she was. Shit I must've fell asleep. No wonder why my neck hurts.

The girl laughed shyly scratching the back of her head,"I made a trip around the streets. I came here since I liked the view and just so happened to fall asleep.." she admitted.

T'Challa looked at the surroundings with a small smile," This place is very beautiful. I can see why you were drawn to it. They say Wakanda has the most beautiful sunsets."

Nova smiled,"It is. You know whenever I came to Wakanda one of the first things I'd do is watch the sunrise, or sunset, or stars. Depending on the hour I came at."

"I would have never thought you were the type of person to like star gazing or anything related to that."

Nova walked toward the cliff that was up ahead showing the view of the jungle area,"There's a lot of things people find interesting about me." She threw a wink over her shoulder quickly turning up straight before he could see the blush on her cheeks.

As Nova sat down with her feet dangling in the air with the wind slightly blowing her long black hair she patted the seat next to her in which T'Challa sat close to her.

"Well now you herd why I'm here..I'd like to know why your here King."

T'Challa then looked away avoiding Novas eyes. Nova scrunched her eyebrows confused but realized it must been serious if he was acting like this.

"Do you wanna talk about it? If you don't that's fine." Nova quickly said but T'Challa shook his head.

"No, no.. I would actually appreciate it if you would hear my problems." He said.

Nova gave him a soft smile turning her body more towards him,"Okay I'm all ears."

T'Challa sighed,"It has something to do with my father and his past" and with that T'Challa told her everything he had found out the previous night.
With his father, uncle and left behind cousin. Nova felt so bad that he had to go find out this way. Noticing that the guy who was working with Klaw was his very own cousin blood to blood.

"He killed his own brother."
Nova sighed seeing the pain features across his face.

"What kind of king.. what kind of man does that?" He questioned disappointed.

Nova held T'Challa's hand tightly which caught him to look into the eyes he adored,"You have to know that no ones perfect. Not even your Dad."

"He didn't even give him a proper barrier. My uncle betrayed us but my father.. we have created something worse." He continued.

Nova shook her head,"T'Challa listen to me. You can't let your Father's mistakes define who you are. My Dad is no perfect man. He's killed many and has even started problems but I choose to not let his mistakes make me who I am." Nova squeezed his hand in comfort,"It's our right that we let our decisions make ourselves. No one else's. So you get to decide what kind of King you will be to you and your people." Nova let go of T'Challa's hand sensing as her words were getting to him.

Before he could say anything more his bracelet made a beeping sound showing a hologram of Shuri,"Brother you need to get here now."