FORTY TWO

"Isn't this place great?" T'Challa asked, as they walked on a higher trail where they now could see the entire forest of Wakanda

"It is beautiful" Nova answered, as she held her hands together, looking up ahead. She was in deep thought. Unsure of how to break it all down to him.

"I don't understand something" T'Challa began, that Nova looked to him,"You've been alive for the past five months, and Ayo and Shuri found you. Why didn't you come to Wakanda yourself?"

What do I say? That I was ashamed to come here?

"Well after the whole thing I felt like I needed to figure some things out and see how I could live on" she confessed with her arms crossed.

"I really needed you here at home" he said, causing Nova to frown.

"Home? You mean Wakanda?" She asked,"T'Challa as much as I want to think Wakanda is my home it isn't. It's yours, it's all yours, your kingdom, your city"

T'Chall stopped walked and turned to her fully causing her to do the same,"Nova What are you talking about? My people, and my family have gladly accepted you. You are apart of this family."

"No, I'm not, and you don't need me T'Challa. You just were having it hard" she told him sternly,"Okay, I was having a hard time too. I thought I needed you but I realized it was just the process of healing that hurt not the distance"

"Nova where is all this coming from?"

She felt guilty but she needed to let him know this,"T'Challa I'm leaving. I can't stay in Wakanda"

His face instantly was shocked,"Why?"

Nova sighed,"You wouldn't understand."

"What wouldn't I understand? I just got you back"

"Look all I'm saying is that sometimes bad things happen—" Axels words were now coming out of her mouth.

"Nova—"

"And there's nothing you can do about it. So why worry?"

"Because this isn't making any sense to me. You're not the type of person to just give up like that. You would usually stay determined."

I have to tell him. But..I can't.

"Sorry" she said bitterly. She didn't expect her tone to come out like that. It surprised her. Even T'Challa.

"What's happened to you? You're not the Nova I remember" he frowned.

It hurt hearing that. Nova ignored he pinching that was being done to her heart and smacked her lips,"I'm not. Are you satisfied King?" She sarcastically implied.

He didn't say a word, he only stared at her with sad eyes.

Nova for some odd felt her blood begin to boil. But why? She knew this is what she wanted. She wasn't the same old Nova. She was different,"People change for their reasons. I didn't see you in five years as far as I knew you were dead. In life shit happens and you have to leave it behind" she snapped.

Nova began to walk ahead when she heard T'Challa suddenly say,"And what are your reasons? Are your reasons that bad that you are going to leave me and shut me out? You know you are more than what you have become"

Nova froze in her footsteps with her jaw dropping.

The blood that was boiling before was nothing compared to now. Every fiber now snapped. She turned around and marched up to him,"Listen, you think you can just tell me what is and isn't wrong!? You don't even know what I've been through!"

"I would if you just talked to me!"

Nova walked away,"Forget it!" She yelled back but more aggressive that she went up ahead no longer caring if she didn't recognize the path and scoffed.

He's wrong, I can't stay. I would be a disgrace and be worth nothing.

Nova exhaled heavily through her nostrils. She walked back and forth feeling the stress radiate off of her,"What would it prove anyway? You can't change the past!" She yelled to the crystal sky that was dazzling up with fireworks yet looked so lonely.