FORTY THREE

After Nova had woken up in the forest she decided early in the morning to go to the border of Wakanda and was allowed to leave despite the guards arguing that their King wouldn't want that

After Nova had woken up in the forest she decided early in the morning to go to the border of Wakanda and was allowed to leave despite the guards arguing that their King wouldn't want that. But Nova strictly told them that no man, including T'Challa would have that power over her. So they let her leave.

The girl knew that leaving was horrible thing to do to T'Challa. But she had told the guards to tell T'Challa that she would indeed be back no more later than a month.

It's just Nova needed to figure out for real what she really wanted from her life. Whether that be with T'Challa and tell him everything or be done with the life she was tied to, confess everything and forever leave her only family members behind.

Nova who had sent a call to Axel to come and pick her up at the location she sent him was soon picked up by a plane. When she walked in she didn't expect to see her Dad standing beside Axel.

With Nova giving her father a grand hug that she desperately needed, she now was at their side traveling to country to country. They didn't spend much time in one place. So far it had been a week and after they left Wakanda and after just being in Dubai, the three were now were in Amsterdam.

They stood inside some pent house Axel rented out for three days. While he was out on a mission, Nova stood inside her room, looking out the window, with her legs curled up to her chest.

She had been trying to act like her normal self around her Dad. But when she had her doors closed Nova allowed herself to feel vulnerable and would think of T'Challa and how messed up she was.

Nova knew she had this unbreakable love for him. He was almost like her sanctuary. She had this fire that at times was impossible to put out. And while others either completed stopped the fire, or increased it T'Challa maintained a calm aroma with her. He didn't stop or increase the fire. He easily calmed it down and made the hot flames become warm and safe.

Something she never felt before with a man.

Maybe it was Gods way of showing her that she had found her angel. One that her mother would always talk about that always disgusted Nova. But Nova didn't feel disgusted. She felt happy, like her Mom always expressed through her smile and laughter.

But her Mother couldn't be here to see that she had a man. All she did was hear about him. She never got to see T'Challa before she could let him go because she was dead and it was all her fault.

"How's it going in here?" Her Father suddenly said, causing Nova to snap her head up.

Her Dad had been standing at the doorway with the door open. How long was he been standing there for?

Nova forced out a smile,"Pretty good. I was exhausted so I decided to catch a break"

Her Dad nodded, as he had walked up to her and now sat beside her on the mini couch that was connected to the wall in front of the window. Nova carefully eyed her Dad.

He looked out the window through his eye with his other eye remaining covered with the eyepatch. He wasn't in his regular black coat but he still has black pants and a long sleeve.

"I miss her too" her Dad began to say, leaving Nova to begin to question who he was talking about. There had been too many people Nova had lost to know who exactly it was.

"Your mother" he said answering her thoughts.

Nova painfully looked away from him and held in the emotions that were pouncing at her with guilt. She wanted to agree but she instead held it in hearing her Dad out.

"I remember meeting her. She was kind, knew her morals and always helped others. Kinda like that man from Wakanda"

Oh great.

"You never told me whatever happened between the two of you"

That was right, because only Clint, Natasha, and the Avengers team knew. But Natasha and Tony were dead. Thor apparently went out to the galaxy, Clint was too busy with his family, Steve had aged, with Banner doing god knows what. They all had their own thing. And whatever business they had told each other remained within that group, no one else.

But admitting it to her father about what happened made her feel even more weak. She wanted to be strong, especially in front of him.

If only her mother were here, she would tell her and actually cry on her shoulder.

"Dad, I don't wanna talk about it" she replied, with her face becoming cold,"Whatever happened can't be fixed. The past can't be changed."

Her Dad raised his eyebrow,"Is that so?" Then he got up, causing Nova to meet his eye,"The past five years changed you Nov, changed you real deep. Almost makes me question if it's changed some things that are almost too risky to ask."

Nova frowned, wondering what he meant. But her mouth formed into a thin line as she watched him leave her rooms with the door closing behind him.

She sighed, shaking her head, wanting to tell her Dad all the emotions she felt and why it was changing her. But instead she kept quiet and stared out the window again, with her eyes closing.

(How would you all feel if I started writing in a first POV?)