NINE

A bright light shined in the distance

A bright light shined in the distance. Almost too bright, Nova squinted her eyes quickly covering her face.

Her feet guided her to a place that resembled Stark tower. She tried to stop but it was like her feet were moving on command.

Her hand went down to unlock the door almost flinching back by how hot the doorknob felt. When it opened there was nothing but pitch black.

"It's the Agent, Ms.Fury I assume?" A voice boomed causing the door to slam shut. Nova faced the person pulling out her gun swiftly.

"Loki" she stated seeing the smirk crawl on his face.

"Ah you know who I am"

Nova scoffed pulling out her gun,"Your the guy behind all this. How can I not know?"

At her words Loki laughed almost too hard that it took him a moment to stop,"Would it be funny if I told you I'm not the one really behind it all"

"You really expect me to believe that?" Nova scoffed.

"You don't have to, you'll know in time. Cause destiny will arrive."

Nova thought over his words unaware of what his words meant.
"Tell me the name." She demanded.

Loki pointed his scepter with a smirk growing more by the second,"Thanos."

Nova nearly screamed bolting up from her bed gasping for air. Her eyes scanned the room immediately getting up from the bed.

She placed her hand on her chest pacing back and forth to calm down. She took in her surroundings remembering that she was in the royal bedroom. Here in Wakanda.

It's just a stupid nightmare, Nova she repeated to herself.

When looking over to the bed she noticed T'Challa wasn't there. She should've known. He was already awake doing his duties.

Nova went to the bathroom washing her face with cool water to wake her up before changing into her outfit for the day.

It was crazy how it had been two years since Nova had helped save the fate of Wakanda. How so much has happen since then.

Novas relationship with T'Challa and his family, and people have grown stronger. She loved it very much but she too missed her parents and friends.
She wanted to know how they were doing.
Especially with this dream she had.

Heading towards the door Nova opened it but was quite startled by the solider Ayo standing there. But of course she didn't show it.

"Hey Ayo" Nova said calmly in which Ayo flashed a smile.

"Greetings Ms.Fury. The King wanted me to accompany you to breakfast after you have woken."

Nova nodded knowing after this she needed to see him after eating ,"Do you think after breakfast you can take me to him?"

Ayo nodded,"Of course." The solider lead her to get breakfast and after that she took her out to an open field where T'Challa stood beside Okoye discussing.

Ayo excused herself in which Nova quickly thanked her before walking over to the pair. Okoye who was the first to notice the agent smirked to the King,"Here comes your girl. Don't freeze."

Before T'Challa could reply Nova stood in front of the pair giving Okoye a kind smile,"Morning Okoye."

"Morning Nova." Okoye replied.

Her eyes then went to T'Challa who had a smile like no other,"Morning my King" Nova said warmly in which T'Challa pulled her towards him to place a kiss onto her lips.

Nova smiled into the kiss feeling the blush on her cheeks get redder. When pulling away T'Challa said a very words in Wakandian leaving Okoye to leave.

"Did you eat breakfast?" Nova questioned as the two began to walk side by side holding hands.

"Surprisingly I did. I had a feeling that if I did not eat you would very much scold me again." He explained.

"Well you should eat. What would I do if you got sick? I'd feel guilty." She explained recalling the memory when she noticed T'Challa was losing a bit of weight.

"For me being sick? You shouldn't have to worry about that Nova. I'll be fine. Did you sleep well my queen?" He said now changing the subject.

"As amused I am with you trying to change the subject I'm going to question you later on why you keep calling me Queen rather then Warrior." Nova said recalling for the past weeks of him calling her a queen.

"We're partners T'Challa, were dating and as cheesy as it sounds I'm always going to worry about you. Especially when you get sick, get injured in a battle or worse vanish." Nova almost snapped.

T'Challa stopped quickly turning to face her surprised by her last sentence.

Nova immediately sighed shaking her head,"Never mind just forget what I said" she murmured walking ahead.

The thought of her dream lingered in her head. It was making her feel so uneasy. Her gut was crushing her telling her something was coming. But what was coming?

T'Challa followed after her slowly wrapping his arms around her waist from behind instantly making Nova calm down.

"What is wrong Nova? Did you have another nightmare?" He questioned with worry in his tone.

Nova flinched at him feeling her blood somehow drain from her. She let go of him to turn and fully face him"This nightmare.. its not like any of my other ones." She stated beginning to feel her hands shake uneasy.

He scrunched his eyebrows confused,"How so?"

Nova sighed biting her lip,"It was more of a memory actually.. I was on a mission with the Avengers. The man who I had to take down told me about someone. That he was the one really behind the mass destruction."

"What was their name?" He questioned once more.

Nova bit her lip once more letting out an uneasy laugh.

"Thanos."