TWENTY TWO

Five years later

Five years later..

Her eyes scanned around the room as she put the cup of coffee to her painted rosy lips. The smell of caffeine wasn't overwhelming to her. But she could see the young boy in front of her wanting to pinch his nostrils to block the bitter smell.

"I hate coffee" he said, with his face turning sour.

Nova chuckled, taking a sip of her drink before setting it down on the table,"Well I hope you know that when you get older, coffee is gonna be a life savor for you" She semi joked,"So how was school today Miles?" She asked.

"It was okay. My teacher gave us free time. Barbara wanted to go outside but our teacher said we couldn't"

"Why not?"

"She said that the playground was still dirty. We don't have a lot of people cleaning it" he answered, while he dragged his spoon against the chocolate fudge cake that was topped off with vanilla ice cream.

Nova tucked her blonde hair back and opened her mouth to speak on it but he beat her to it by changing the subject,"Did he..like coffee?" At first she didn't know who he was talking about. And he didn't exactly say a name either so that didn't help.

"Whose he?" She asked, confused.

Miles with his finger pointed to the small locket that was around her necklace.

Then it instantly clicked. The locket she had was his locket that she had found in his drawer. He was talking about T'Challa.

Nova released a shaky breath with her hesitantly answering the question,"He..did. But he wouldn't always drink it like me" she answered, swallowing some salvia.

Miles looked down to his plate full of food,"Was he a good guy?"

Why was the young Miles Morales curious about her love life? Ever since the two met on that rainy day a couple years back at their lowest moment he would talk about his Dad who vanished. And he would ask about her Dad but never did he really ask about him.

Nova licked her lower lip, she wanted to not dwell too much on this topic. It was hard to talk about him. But she couldn't help but release a small smile nodding,"He was one of the best" she calmly told him,"You would've loved him."

Miles smiled, with him extending a spoonful of ice cream,"Want some? Ice cream always makes me feel better."

Nova was about to decline but seeing that Miles was trying to make her feel better, comforted her. So she leaned toward him and ate the ice cream making a yum sound causing Miles to laugh.

"Come on kid, its best that we head down and drop you off" she told him, when her eyes landed on the clock.

He agreed, that he followed her out after she paid the cashier.