TWENTY

They all waited outside the room Tony was resting with Pepper

They all waited outside the room Tony was resting with Pepper. Nova leaned beside Nat as they held each other's hand in comfort,"Bruce gave him some lenitive. He's probably gonna be out for the rest of the day."

Nova glanced over at Tony and Pepper in relief,"You guys take care of him and I'll bring him a zoraine exiler when I get back" Carol said to them.

"Where are you going?" Steve questioned Carol as she began to exit to room.

"To kill Thanos."

Nova glanced at Nat and Steve but she quickly followed after the women,"Hey" she said, causing Carol to turn around.

"I get that my Dad called you, and knowing him he must've had a pretty damn good reason. But around here we work as a team. It's not just you in on this" Nova reminded her.

"Up there is your territory but this is our fight too" Steve said.

"Do you even know where he is?" Rhodey asked the big question. Carol shrugged,"I know people who might."

"Don't bother" Nebula piped in, with Nova looking over at the half robotic blue alien,"I can tell you where Thanos is" she said.

Nova eyed her as she got closer to hear her out, and it seemed like everyone but Tony was in the room,"Thanos spent a long time trying to perfect me. That the more he talked about his great plan. I wanted to please him and I'd ask where would we go as his plan was complete. His answer was always the same, to the Garden."

Rhodey shrugged,"That's cute, Thanos has a retirement plan."

Nova ignored the comment and looked to Rocket who began to pull up a holographic map of the universe,"So where is he?" She asked.

"Thanos snapped his fingers Earth became ground zero power surge for ridiculously cosmic proportions. No ones ever seen anything like it. Until two days ago on this planet" Rocket explained, as Nova looked to Nebula.

"Thanos is there" she confirmed.

"He used the stones again" Nat frowned.

"Hey, Hey, we'd be going in short handed you know" Bruce warned.

"He's still got the stones" Rhodey stated.

"So let's get him" Carol said,"and use them to bring everyone back."

"Just like that?" Bruce questioned in disbelief.

"Yeah, just like that" Nova agreed.

"Even if theres a small chance that we can undo this. I mean we owe it to everyone whose not in this room to try" Nat said causing Bruce to shake his head.

"If we do this how do we know it's gonna end any differently than it did before?"

"Cause before you didn't have me" Carol argued.

Nova couldn't help but raise her eyebrow at the women's cockiness. But then she had to remember that her Dad believed in the women. So she had to have the same faith too.

"Hey, new girl. Every body in this room is about that super hero life. And if you don't mind me asking where the hell have you been all this time?" Rhodey snapped.

"There are a lot of other planets in the universe that unfortunately don't have you guys" Carol defended.

Nova sighed, looking over to Thor who rose up from his chair and walked over to Carol and stared down at her eyes. The agent frowned as she saw Thor extend his hand out with his axe rushing to his palm at a inhuman speed.

Yet, Carol didn't flinch. Even when it reached his hand and blew her golden hair back. She only smirked as Thor tilted his head, before making eye contact with his crew,"I like this one."

Nova turned to Steve who stared down at the holographic planet. He glared, nodding,"Let's go get this son of a bitch."

|AVENGERS: ENGAME|

Nova sat in Rockets space ship with everyone dresses up in their suits as she nervously held onto the handle. She did not like the thought of this. Despite her being afraid of heights she was scared of having to fly through space and that they'd get lost.

"Okay, who here hasn't been to space?" Rocket asked, with Nova shakily raised her hand as Steve, Nat, and Rhodey did so calmly.

"You better not throw up on my ship, especially you tuts" he said, looking over at Nova specifically. Nova looked down to her feet as she heard Nat telling her she was gonna be okay, rubbing her shoulder in comfort.

"I really hope I don't throw up" she mumbled to herself as she shut her eyes feeling the ship begin to shake violently.

"Approaching jump in 3,2,1!"Nebula yelled,

Nova bit back a scream with a sudden force pushed her up against her seat, feeling a bunch of butterflies burst in her stomach.

Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck!

When she felt her heart nearly explode out of her chest, the plane had stopped moving. Nova with her eyes full of tears looked around as they were now in front of a new planet.

Nova suddenly relaxed resting her head back in relief,"Oh thank god" she muttered, never did she want to do that again.

"It's okay Nova we're here" Nat assured her as she unbuckled her seatbelt for her since Nat knew she wouldn't be able to unbuckle her seat belt for a couple of minutes due to her body feeling sick to the stomach.

"I'll head down for Econ" Carol said, before she got off the ship to fly down to the planet.

And as the minutes passed with them waiting, Nova finally found the energy to get up that she walked to Steve who was looking down at a old photo he kept of Peggy.

Nova felt weak to her stomach all over again. Her breath almost hitched as she remembered T'Challa and how he too would keep a photo of her. She didn't know til after the fight of Thanos where she ran all around the palace in search of someone. But she found a photo of her in a beautiful gown in a locket that he had kept in his drawer in their bedroom.

God, even the thought of him made her want to sob uncontrollably, that there was a hole inside her chest that wasn't closing up.

"This is gonna work, guys" Nat assured them, that Nova snapped out of her daze, away from the picture.

"It has to" Nova said, trying to remain positive despite her thoughts saying no.

Steve nodded,"I know it will..cause I don't know what I'm gonna do if it doesn't"

"No satellites, no ships, no armies, no ground defenses of any kind" Carol said as she stood in front of the ship with her voice echoing through,"Its just him."

Nova glanced between Steve and Nat.

"Then that's enough."