THIRTY SEVEN

4 months later

4 months later..

"Stop, Thief!"

Nova slide on the ground that she got back up and made a run for it. She looked over her shoulder seeing over her shoulder seeing a couple of bandits were chasing after her.

"I'll cut your head off!" One of the men yelled,

She carefully looked around and when she noticed a open window building she used her dupatta scarf to cover her face and hid behind the corner watching the bandits of four men.

She eyed them as they looked around confused wondering as to where she was with their money which technically wasn't their money. It was money that they stole from a group of women that they had wanted to sell off. Luckily, she had the women hiding.

"Bastard!" One man screamed, with Nova trying to hide her amusement.

Nova with her dagger, threw it at the back of his head, which killed him instantly. He fell to the ground with her coming out of hiding. She had her two swords pulled out since she wanted to fight the old fashioned way.

The tallest man growled, charging at her with his gun, but Nova kicked it out of his hand and stabbed him in the chest, while she used her other sword to slice the mans neck.

Nova glared at the men below her that when she went to turn around to kill the last one standing she saw Axel, a man that worked under her fathers duties had already killed him that was now dead at his feet.

"Took you long enough" he scoffed.

"I had it covered" Nova defended, calmly.

"Not fast enough and also what's with you wearing that dress? Just cause we're in India does not give you the permission to culture appropriate"

"I'm twenty five percent Indian" Nova deadpanned.

"Sure, star girl" Axel said, rolling his hazel eyes and walked away from her with his hand going through his brown hair.

Ever since Nova backed down from the Avengers, she had been doing minor missions with Axel who could be kind if he didn't drink so much and miss his red headed girlfriend who lived all the way in England.

Nova ignored the guy and went back to the women who were hiding as she assured them that they were safe to go back home while she handed each of them their money back.

They all thanked her in Hindi while Nova gave them soft smiles. She handed a lady that seemed to be in her early thirties her money yet noticed her palm had a keep cut.

"Here, let me help you" she softly asked, grabbing her hand. The women eyed her confused but Nova used her abilities to heal her hand feeling its powers coursing through her veins while her eyes glowed yellow which only happened when she used her healing powers.

When she let go of the women's hand, the lady gasped in shock. It was all healed with no cut. She stared at her palm and Nova amazed. Nova offered her a smile before she went back to her place.

There she saw Axel sharpening his knives on the sofa. He sang some melody to himself but Nova didn't care. She walked past him and made it to her guest bedroom. When she shut the door behind her she instantly began to hear it rain outside with thunder echoing through the sky.

Nova exhaled through her nostrils. She couldn't help but walk toward her balcony and let the cool rain drop on her warm body. She rested her arms on the railing and lowered her head ashamed.

It had been six months since the whole event with Thanos. Every being was back. But not the ones Nova wanted back.

She lost everything, Natasha, her Mom, Tony, her unborn child, and T'Challa.

Nova hasn't tried to contact T'Challa. She's left him to rule his kingdom. He doesn't need distractions. Besides what good would she do for him? She lost their child, she's not the same girl she was before, she all shattered becoming more broken. He doesn't need someone like that. He deserves someone strong like Nakia. She would be good for him. 

The agent sighed, staring up at the stars,"You said everything would be okay. But it's not..and it's because of me" Nova spoke to the sky thinking of Natasha"Its all my fault. It's all my fault" she silently repeated, sitting on the ground that she slowly began to drift off to a slumber.