FORTY

Nova had found out that Ayo and Shuri were the ones to bring her to Wakanda after they had found out she was visiting her grave

Shuri was excited to see her, apologized multiple times for injecting her with a sleeping serum that only lasted for a couple of hours. Nova didn't take a offense to it and kindly accepted her apology.

It had been almost two days since she came to Wakanda and T'Challa hadn't left her side. He slept with her the night when she told him how she was healed up and was given special healing abilities. After that they both fell asleep.

Yet the strange thing they found out was neither of them had a single nightmare.

After T'Challa went to all his morning meetings Nova had changed into a simple light green dress that was strapless with the skirt pet going to the bottom of her feet.

She ate a bit of breakfast with Shuri before she  roamed the streets of Wakanda where many children were playing games while the elders were selling their products.

T'Challa had found her after Shuri had told him where she went where he found her walking alone, with of course them being joined with Okoye and Ayo who were at a safe distance watching them.

"I forgot how great it was here" Nova confessed, with a smile forming on her face, when T'Challa has joined her walk.

"You did love Wakanda" T'Challa stated, watching her with adoration.

"Of course, what's not to love? The culture, the food, the technology, and lets not forget the sunsets and sunrises" Nova listed, but she quickly stopped when noticing T'Challa just staring at her,"I'm sorry I'm blabbering again huh?" She mused with her tan cheeks turning red.

"I don't mind it at all. Your blabbering after all, has always brought me amusement" he chuckled.

Nova scoffed, playfully pushing his shoulder,"So mean"

After his laughter had died down, Nova watched in the distance a mother hugging their child as she tickled the little boy with kisses.

Nova slowly stopped in her footsteps and watched the whole scene. The child giggled letting out small sequels as she twirled her son in the air while putting her on the fathers back when the little boy trying to catch a orange butterfly.

Her heart fell down to her stomach. Why did this scene make her want to suddenly cry? That's right, because it reminded her the life she could've had with her unborn child, and perhaps T'Challa.

"Nova?" He called her.

Nova frowned, looking up from the ground meeting his eyes,"Sorry I..I just got distracted" she quietly brushed off.

T'Challa stood in front of her, attempting to put his hand on her cheek but Nova moved her head to the side away. She saw hurt flash across his face. She instantly felt guilty.

"Can we go back? I'm not feeling so good anymore" Nova gestured back to the palace.

She could tell he wanted to ask more on what had changed her mood, but T'Challa nodded, as they went back to the palace in silence.

When approaching her guest bedroom, Nova had locked herself in the room and sat at the corner of the bed with her head down.

She was debating on when to tell him about their unborn child. But how?

All he would do is look at her with disgrace and want nothing to do with her.

Nova knew that if everyone in the kingdom found out about this it would bring dishonor to T'Challa and his entire family.

She put her hands to her face, breathing heavily,"What am I gonna do.."