Two: Scares And Pairs

S/N:
Stephen James . I couldn't think of anyone who'd play Eric better . I'm obsessed *sigh*

Now on with the story..

She had barely made it through the first day . People kept staring at her appearance giving her their unwanted attention. She wish she could crawl under a rock so that no one would look at her. She hated when they looked at her.

She plugged in her headphones letting the music tune  them out. Filling her mind with just lyrics as she hummed along the hallway to her last and final class of the day.

When she entered the classroom her eyes brightened.

On the wall were paintings covered in lights and it drew her in . Her breath hitched as she took a step closer to admire the work bestowed upon her eyes. Her eyes lingering on until they stopped. In front of her was a faceless girl freshly painted in a red light . Her hands were wrapped around her back and she was hunched over on her knees on a pile of rocks . Bruises and cuts surrounded her as her hands sought for freedom . A black moldy heart rolled in front of her .

Tears threatened to escape her eyes as she found the picture relatable. She was broken . The burn marks and bruises and scars a heavy reminder of that . All she craves is the taste of freedom , the kind she'll never get .

She scanned the drawing looking for the name of the  person who had managed—unknowingly— to draw her soul . All she found were initials . 

E. T

" It's beautiful isn't it ."

She turned around to look at what she assumed was her teacher.

He was very short and fat . His glasses were round and he had a patch of hair falling out on the top-back portion of his hair. His wrinkly grey eyes paired with yellow moldy , cavity filled teeth , that sent chills through her body .

She nodded her head and continued facing forward . Something told her that he was trouble and she didn't want to find out why.

" you must be the new girl everyone's been talking about , sam isn't it ?" He asked .

She simply nodded her head taking two steps back for every time that he got closer to her . Soon she felt her back touch the back of a table , which meant she was trapped .

" My name is Mr. Gordo but you can call me Mr. G "

He smiled as he leaned in . Her fist tightening at her side , she knew she'd do whatever not to be in that situation ever again . She waited for the worse .

She was surprised to see him pull back immediately .

" This is your Art Journal " he handed her a black and white composition book " you'll be writing or drawing something about you , or about things that occurred to you weather it be in the past or in the present. It'll be handed in every week for a test grade " his yellow teeth began to show as his coffee breath hit her face " you may decorate it however you please. " with those words he spun his shoes the opposite direction and proceeded greeting the other students that walked inside the classroom.

A breath of relief escaped her throat as she made her way towards the desks. She gripped her notebook and found an empty seat yet again in the back . She began taking out her notebook and pencils as the students began filling the classroom.

Girls coming in looked at her with disgust while guys looked at her as an object. Each not daring to approach the new girl in school. She could hear the whispering about her which only made her want to hide even more.

Mr. Gordo began teaching about the history of art and teaching them about portraits that were painted long time ago that represented love . Pointing out specific details like facial expressions ranging on from a smile or even the eye lid . Everything to him told a story .

" which leads me into the project I'm leaving you with for this month . You'll have to cre—

And before Mr. Gordo could finish a loud slam echoed throughout the classroom . Inside walked in a familiar face . It was the same guy sam had seen earlier in the office. Her breath hitched same as many of the students in the class . Silence covered the classroom as the only thing heard was the sound of his footsteps.

" Mr. Taylor do you have a reason to be this late ? " Mr. Gordo asked .

" I'm fucking here aren't I ? " The boy yelled immaculately as he walked away from the silent teacher and more towards the backroom.

With each step he took Sam prayed he wouldn't recognize her , She simply just laid her head down until she saw the bottom of his shoes pass her desk and walk further into the back . Sam felt the seat behind her move clashing with her seat a little bit, but she stood silent. She knew it was him who was behind her and she definitely didn't want to draw attention.

" As I was saying " Mr. G continued " the project you will have to create is going to be about different types of love . You can choose anyway to express yourself among the ones listed , and yes , before you ask , there will be assigned partners. " the entire classed grunted " this project is worth thirty percent of your grade so please take this seriously, now as I call out your name please find your partner." Mr G said as he pulled out a list and began calling out names.

Sam waited while others found their partners some excited and some were disappointed . She just hoped she'd get someone that didn't talk much . By now half of the class had already been partnered with someone which made her nervous. She closed her eyes as she listened carefully for her name , letting Mr. G finish .

" Eric Taylor with Vanessa Patel " Mr G called and the boy behind her got up . Most of the class had been partnered up. Maybe she'd be without a partner hoped filled her eyes.

" looks like you'll be working alone sam " The teacher said as he handed her the project form .

" Vanessa moved to Japan !" Some girl yelled from across the room.

Mr. G scanned the list again tracing his fingers down. His brows furrowed as he concentrated on reading a note he had picked up.

" very well then , Sam you will work with Eric."

So much for not bringing attention.

She dared herself to look back only to find him glaring at her , but his eyes were what made her keep on staring. In them she saw something dark , almost ...

psycho.

He scribbled down something on a piece of paper and then shoved it on her desk.  A screeching noise echoed through the classroom as his seat scraped against the floor. Making his way towards the exit despite the teachers protest.

Sam opened the note finding only an address and a time .

2599 E master St
6:30 pm

+