TWENTY TWO : Investigations & Paintings

The sirens blared as loud as they could with every citizen near , rushing to see the horrendous crime scene . Each cop car , ambulance and nearby stander all grouped together trying to figure out how the hell it happened.

The towns finest detectives had been called , each one inspecting Monica's lifeless body that remained on the steps.

Samantha's body went rigid when she saw Monica in that state . At first she thought maybe she had some life left so she began to preform CPR while Eric called the police immediately. Tears rolling down her cheeks as she  screamed when she noticed that it was no use , she had already turned blue.

Erics arms wrapped around her  body tightly as he tried to block her from seeing  more of the crime scene. He let her cry and scream about it against his shoulder. All while stroking her back softly .

Even if Monica did all those horrible things to Samantha and Was most likely a part of the reason why Sarah and sam's parents died , sam couldn't forget that at one point in her life Monica had been there for her and cared for her . At one point in time , Monica was her friend and almost like a sister to her .

Memories like that are hard to let go.

It had been hours since the discovery of Monicas body and policemen and detectives were taking pictures and jolting things down and placing things in plastic baggies .

A brown haired tall and thin policemen walked towards sam and Eric. He was young and seemed to be  almost in his mid twenties and walked with a slightly noticeable limp . He had a buzz cut and a pair of dark black metallic sunglasses paired with a little stubble on his chin.

" I'm sure by now you know that we're gonna need to take you two down to the station for questioning, you know standard procedure " said the police officer who's name tag read Willis. He then opened the door to his cop car and waited patiently until sam and Eric got in.

When they arrived to the station everyone began to stare at them. The looks they received varied. Some were confused, some were filled with amusement but most were plain accusatory .

The stares started to fade when they entered the interrogation room. The walls were a dark grey and the only thing that was in there were a couple of blue chairs , a grey metallic table , and a old tape recorder.

" have a seat miss Brown , we have a lot to discuss." Willis –the policemen from earlier – insisted.

It was only then that she realized Eric wasn't behind her like she thought he was .

As if observing this Willis added " Mr. Taylor is in another room doing the same exact thing we are . It's just standard procedure "

Samantha simply nodded understanding his reason .

" so let's begin " he said as he pressed the recording button.

" what did you do today ? " he questioned.

" well this morning Eric made me breakfast, then he took me to a graveyard, and after that we went into the city and ate some pizza and we were planning on watching movies until we saw ...the scene . That's when we called the police." she answered truthfully.

" why were you guys in a graveyard?" He asked blandly.

" Eric's sister died and he wanted me to learn about her ." Samantha replied as her eyes wandered towards the mirror in front of her trying to avoid the threat of tears that were close to spilling from her eyes. Reliving all this was terrifying for her .

" How would you explain your relationship with Monica? "

His bold question oddly took her by surprise. She loved Monica at one point in her life , but after everything she did to her and out her through...it was hard to feel anything at all. So Samantha after a brief second, she once again told the truth.