TEN :Threats and Hugs

It was currently 9:13 Am and Samantha found herself walking into the almost empty  hallways of franklin high , soaking wet . All of this due to the sudden rain storm that occurred during her usual walk to school this morning causing her to take shelter in a café nearby. Causing her to be extremely late.

If only she hadn't decided to wake up extra early in attempt to avoid riding in a car with Eric— a decision she was starting to regret— and  walk to school herself .

   The good news was that the halls were empty and she had an extra pair of pants and a oversized hoodie in her locker that she stored in case of an emergency.

  Rushing to her locker before anyone saw her she yanked it open, locating her spare clothes and stuffing them in her backpack as she hauled herself all the way the girls bathroom to change.

As she made her way into the biggest stall and shut it she heard a familiar voice just coming in. She peaked through her stall aware of the fact that they couldn't see her due to the dim light on that side of the bathroom and almost gasped at the sight of Hannah Hamilton and her  minions .

So she did what anyone would do; propelled herself on top of the bathroom stall and observed them quietly.

" It's been a week and Eric still hasn't contacted you?" Minion number 2 —known as Stacy wanderst— said while handing her a red lipstick.

" I heard he's been hanging out with that new girl " added Minion number 1 — known as JaceyReessd — while opening the lipstick cap for her and handing it to hannah herself.

" relax babe " Hannah said as she applied the lipstick on and began rub them together " when something is mine, it's MINE .." she stepped away from the mirror and back to her minions as she continued in a lower , more authoritative tone  " and no ugly bitch is gonna take what's mines away ".

Each minion grinned towards one another , as their leader walked out with her confidence beaming from the rooftops.

" Well Monica's in for a real treat when she gets back " sam whispered to herself.

Hannah was after her man and based on what she said , there was nothing that could prevent her from getting him .

Sam made a mental note to warn Monica later tonight as she began to pull off her wet clothes and put on the fresh dry ones. When she was finished she scoped her now frizzy hair into a messy bun and proceeded her journey to class .

———————————

A few classes later and she was now at her final class, the only one she had with Eric himself.

Her heart began thumping louder with each step she took.
Sooner or later she'd have to face Eric , and after what she had pulled this morning she knew there'd be repercussions. She knew he had a temper, but something told her he'd never harm her .

Even still a mad Eric was never good , so it didn't take long for fake excuses to start popping into her head

She would just act as if it was no big deal , maybe he just didn't care and it could be that she was making this into something unnecessarily big.

Luckily for her , she was early and Eric always came late . Meaning she'd have time to relax or continue to make up some random excuses. She slumped down on her chair in the back of the class and began taking out her school supplies needed for the class.

She felt a cool breeze as someone had just passed her .

It was Eric .

The scent of mint , leather and sweetness all combined intoxicating her as he passed by .

She didn't dare herself to look at him and instead chose to listen to him as he sat down right behind her and put his feet on the back of her chair. She was so nervous she tried to not make a single move , she was sure she must've looked as stiff as a statue. She waited for him to yell at her , or some stupid remark to be made by him .

But he didn't say anything.

He stood quiet , just listening to Mr.Gordo teach about Hamlet . Not even fazed by what happened that morning.

Maybe he didn't care after all and that hurt her. She wanted him to care for some reason.

She spoke too soon .

After class she walked down the hallway , only to be pulled into the emergency exit and pushed against a wall . His palms flattened against the brick wall placing one on each side of her head . His green eyes bore into hers as he stepped a tad bit closer allowing just a minimal amount of space between them.

" you can't just—" but he interrupted before she could protest.

" I waited for you " his voice low and dangerous.

" I don't need you to wait for me " her eyes locked into his and she felt her heart thump louder as his heat radiated off of his body and onto hers .

" we had an agreement" he said back anger lacing his voice.

" no , you and Monica have an agreement, YOU.DON'T. OWN. ME " Sam snapped back.

He had stepped back and away from her as his green eyes looked up. The pain and fear became evident on his face. Sam thought about leaving , but the thought itself didn't linger much . She was curious ,she wanted to hear what he was going to say . So she stayed.

" I thought something happened to you " It came out like a whisper .

He cared about her .

She just stood there , shocked and in just a matter of seconds the butterflies began to float around inside of her stomach . Her hands became sweaty and her knees became weak.

His face said it all ,his emotions were just raw and real . She could feel it in the air and see it in his beautiful green eyes and before she could stop herself she began walking towards him .

" Thank you " was all she said as she hesitantly slid her arms around him and hugged him , it wasn't long before his arms came around her waist as he returned the hug.

The hug itself only lasted a few seconds , but it was electric.  when they pulled apart everything seemed different. In a good way . As if this hug had broken a secret rule between them . Sam couldn't remember the last time she hugged someone and had forgotten how good it felt .

" let's go , I'll drive you home " Eric said as he broke the silence between them.

She nodded her head yes as she followed him to the parking line . For the first time , in a long time she smiled to herself.

She felt safe with him .