NINETEEN: Schools & Corners

The dreadful day had come.

For the entire weekend Samantha had been racking her brain about the sudden discovery she had made. She couldn't figure out who was lying , or why they had to lie to her in the first place.

Not only was she thinking about the possible liar, but she had been paranoid from the recent kidnapping. Eric kept trying to insist on sleeping over to protect her and Nancy, but they decided it wouldn't be necessary.

So he secretly slept in his car across the street .

The gesture itself warmed Samantha's heart and made her question if he was capable of lying to her at all. Although she didn't want to accuse Monica —after all she had been there for sam through the worst moments of her life — but maybe she might've not remembered correctly.

" Breakfast is ready !" Nancy hollered .

Samantha's outfit had been the usual. A pair of black sweatpants and a dark blue sweatshirt. Her hair had been secured in a sloppy ponytail and she wore some comfy black crocs . Last but not least she wore her most comfortable grey jacket.

She made sure she applied a bit of foundation and concealer to hide the black and blue bruises she received from her abductor.

This was it , she was ready for school. She hoped that people didn't stare as much as the last time. She shuddered thinking about the way people looked at her and treated her.

Erics laughter boomed through the house along with a few chuckles from Nancy.

When Samantha reached the kitchen she couldn't help but laugh as well . Nancy had been laughing so hard she looked like she had become purple. Eric had been clutching his stomach trying to say something, but each sentence ended with a shriek.

A sudden ring of a doorbell made the laughter die down.

" I'll get it " Eric offered getting up and wiping the tears from his eyes.

Samantha and Nancy began eating breakfast. Her mouth watering at the sight: a stack of chocolate chip pancakes with whipped cream and sprinkles. Samantha smiled as she dove into her breakfast each piece melting on her tongue. It was just like her mother used to make it.

By then it had been twenty minutes since Eric had left to get the door. The sudden realization pushed sam into panic mode. Instantly dropping her silverware on the plate she made her way to the front door , but before she could reach the door she spotted Eric coming in her direction. A breath of relief escaped her lungs .

" who was it ? " Samantha asked wondering why it took him so long to come back.

" it was just one of those Girl Scouts trying to get me to buy some cookies " he smirked.

" oh " Samantha chuckled nervously.

The morning sun did the boy justice. His skin glowed and looked to be extremely smooth and the sun rays enhanced his tattoos. He was gorgeous.

And he knew it .

" Were you getting worried about me ? " his voice low and dangerous with a hint of sweetness.

" no , I was um ... I, I , I —" Samantha stuttered , a thing she hated to do.

" you what ? " a smile of satisfaction forming his face. He had her right where he wanted her.

" I got to go get the mail ! " she blurted out ,marching her way to the mailbox. She could hear Eric snickering as she left.

The cold winter air hit her harder then a ton of bricks , while She fought her way to retrieve the dozens of mail that had been forgotten while they were at the hospital.