TWENTYFOUR: The R word

Warning: Dark stuff ahead.

She'd wished it was all a dream.

That somehow her nightmares were playing a little trick on her once again, but when she woke up nothing could be farther from the truth.

She was placed on the ground floor of a room that was pitch black . If it weren't for the loud breathing she heard across the room she would've thought that she was all alone .

She didn't know who was on the other side of the room , but the mere thought of it being Eric brought her comfort as for the thought of it being Shane made her skin crawl and her blood boil. For now she'd be alert and cautious.

It was happening again. The very thing that caused her to lose  the people she had cared most about in the first place. Shane took that away from her , she wouldn't let him take anything else ... she couldn't handle any more deaths at her cost.

It was crazy what certain situations were capable of doing to a persons mindset. When her parents died she'd spent weeks crying over how horrible she'd been with them at moments, wishing to take it all back . The times she'd said she'd hated them or argued with them for what now had seemed  to be absolutely pointless.  She spent long hours cuddling with the stuffed animal sarah gave her for her birthday , the last birthday she'd get to spend with sarah at all.

There were times she cried herself to sleep hoping that she'd someday wake up from the nightmare she was living in . That things could go back to being what was once considered normal.

But nothing was the same and that is why she changed.

Tap tap tap

Sounds of footsteps tiptoeing closer to her were the only things heard in the room . Sam had no time to prepare as a bright light was pointed into her direction, not allowing her eyes to adjust . The light  seemed to be getting brighter and brighter as a set of wheels were dragged closer to her.

"  missed me ? " he  said as his head blocked the light .

Samantha stood silent.

" I came all this way to get you and nothing? " shane stepped towards her , but she didn't flinch.

" where's Eric " she demanded to know . She was livid and furious knowing she'd been put in this situation again.

" oh you're little boyfriend is right over there " he said while dragging the huge light to the left .

And sure enough there he was , chained up and badly bruised. Slumped over just enough to notice that the bump on his head from were he was hit was still losing blood . Sam knew if she didn't act fast , she might lose him .

A hard hand went flying towards her face " you were supposed to be mine ."

The pain surged through her body , as she heard his laughs bouncing from wall to wall.

" I will never be yours! " she declared

" maybe not emotionally " he said gripping her face and circling her lips " but physically you will be mine until there is no more you left for me to break " he continued " Just like your little friend sarah ".

" you son of a b-"

A rag had been stuffed in her mouth.

" Tsk tsk tsk , you have such a dirty mouth ." He laughed .

" sarah had a dirty mouth too , but I helped her clean it out . See Samantha I love helping people and you , are in desperate need of help . I know it . "