Eleven: Car Rides and Carved Trees

The car ride itself had been strangely comfortable, with the minimal conversation here and there about music everything seemed somewhat normal . They talked about they're favorite artists and bands , even the ones they hated the most . She was surprised how much they had in common.

" what ? Liking Adele doesn't make me less manly, she's fucking awesome " he stated , a clear smirk evident on his face .

" I'm not saying it makes you less manly, I just didn't think you'd be into her type of music because you're . . . " Samantha looked down  not knowing how to finish her sentence  without being a jerk .

" because I'm a heartless bad boy with tattoos , so I should be listening to heavy metal and scary shit " he rolled his eyes in annoyance.

" you're words not mine " Samantha defended .

" but you we're thinking it " he replied .

" well , yeah . I guess I was ".

" It makes me wonder what else do you think about me ". His voice was low and sweet like melting honey .

Sam's cheeks had flushed , any attempt of her trying to be cool and gone out the window as she tried to slow her heartbeat down .

" why do you care what I think about you ? "  she asked him surprised at the courage that came from within.

Eric pressed his soft plump lips together as he seemed thrown off track by the question itself.

" I don't know , I just do " he answered as he gripped the steering wheel.

For a few seconds the car ride became extremely quiet, in fact the only noise that surrounded them was the engine of the cars .  Samantha try to distract herself  of the fact the he admitted that he cares what she thinks by looking out of the window and glancing at the houses they passed by .

" can I take you somewhere ? " Eric asked , his green eyes glancing at her for permission , he seemed serious.

She was tempted to say no . After all , everything that had happened in life only proved that people were untrustworthy and she had to be careful , but there was something about him . For the first time in a long time she had felt safe and normal , she was beginning to feel again and not pain , but she was beginning to feel possibly like herself.

She was curious about him .

" yes " she nodded back ignoring the bunch of nerves her stomach conjured up as soon as the word left her lips .

After various turns and minutes of passing houses and Streetlamp's, Eric began slowing down and eventually stopped , which led Sam to believe that they had reached their final destination .

As she looked up ahead her stomach flipped , they were in a forest like setting and if life had taught her anything, this was a dangerous place.

" is this the part where you kill me ? " she asked a little frightened .

" No ! " Eric laughed and clutched his jacket, he looked like an angel as the natural sunlight landed on his beautiful eyes and somehow with each laugh echoing off of the windows of the car sam felt at ease . " I just wanna show you something" he smiled at her stepping out of the car .

" you make it sound even creepier " sam huffed  as she got out of the car as well and made her way to him .

Just a few inches away from him and sam felt her foot get caught on a branch , before she knew it she felt herself being hurled onto the floor . She braced herself for the hard impact.

But the impact never came.

His arms wrapped around her waist tightly as he pulled her up . His touch alone set her body on fire and her chest felt a slight breeze.

His eyes landed on hers as he licked his lips. " your zippers open " .

She looked down at her hoodie only to find it indeed open and due to this mornings rain  wetting her entire shirt, she was left in in just a bra on the inside fully exposed to Eric.

He hands automatically began to shake and her cheeks became red as she fumbled around with the zipper that seemed like it didn't want to be tamed .

As if noticing this Eric came closer his eyes still staring into hers as he grabbed the zipper and pulled it up as he  tugged the bottom of the hoodie , allowing the zipper to glide up with ease .

Samantha held  her breath . She was a nervous reck and when he looked at her she felt like a puddle of goo.

" thank you " she replied embarrassed .

He smirked as he took her hand in his . " can't allow you to almost fall again , let's go "

Her heart began pounding extremely fast and loud, she was afraid he could hear it . If he held her hand long enough she was sure she'd die of a heart attack. So she calmed herself down yet again looking at her surroundings.

After going over rocks and twigs and past trees and past a small little pond , Eric stopped .

A big rock in the middle surrounded by a bunch of trees but one in particular stood out it seemed to have some type of carvings on it with subtle colors making it almost non existent to the naked eye.

She looked at Eric for guidance and he urged her to pursue her curiosity . She gently stepped forward and touched the tree , allowing her hands to roam all over the sculpted pictures as she observed and tried to understand them .

There were three in total.

The first one had been about a girl and a boy who were playing in a garden. The garden is beautiful and filled with flowers and is fresh looking. The girl is drawn taller a radiant light tracing her form. The boy is shorter but he has a huge smile on his face , he is happy . A big heart is carved above them.

The second one showed the same girl and boy this time they are not in a garden but in a hospital, the girl is on a bed and she doesn't look radiant anymore , she's lost her light . When sam  looks at the boy . She notices that his smile has faded into a frown . He his hunched over and crying .  Pain screaming from the picture.

The third one is the most heartbreaking one , It is the boy he is in the garden , but it's no longer filled with happiness, the flowers and freshness it once displayed is diminished , the girl is not there and he is alone . His eyes are sad and there is a hole where his heart should be .  He is broken .

Sam blinks back a few tears threatening to come out . She turns around a million questions come to her head .

Who is the story about ? Who are they ? What happened ? Why did he show her this ? Who made the story ?

But before she can ask even one Eric begins to speak.

" Her name was Rain . She was my sister ." His voice isn't the sexy and mysterious one it normally is . It is hurt he seems as if he is forcing himself not to break down and cry .

" was ? " Samantha is curious .

Eric is quiet again and looks down at the dirt on his sneakers as he looks up into her eyes and proceeds " we lost her two years ago to AIDs  . "

Now it is Samantha who is quiet . She doesn't know what to say, how to comfort him . She knows this is a hard topic for him.  Still She is curious.

" What happened? " Samantha dares herself to ask .

He hesitates but begins to talk " She was raped " .

+++

A/N

I know I've been slacking , sorry , but thank you for your patience with me .

Anyways next chapter will be crazy, mentally prepare yourself. :/