TWENTYNINE-  A distraction

What happens when the missing piece of your puzzle fits, but somehow is still all wrong?

Incompleteness overwhelms you.

That's precisely what sam felt .

It had been a whopping  four days since Eric had confessed that he was in the mafia. She recalled how the air left her throat and the way her body began to shiver as the fear she had chose to neglect overcame her. When she realized that the people surrounding her were probably from the mafia too, she became more frightened . It was too hard to believe, yet too obvious not to miss.

All sam knew about the mafia where that they were bad people mixed with dirty business, at least that's what the Television shows and Movies taught her. She recalled the hours spent between sara and herself watching them and laughing about how real mafia members didn't look like that in real life. 

Looking around , some did in fact look like those television shows. It surprised sam to know how normal real mafia members were.
The diversity and variety from kids to elderly women and men was absolutely astonishing.

Sam slid her hands into the drawer of the guest room and pulled out the letter  Enzi gave her four days ago. The letter was put in an off white envelope, the words ' From mom and dad ' written in bold letters. Her mother's handwriting , she was the only person to swirl her m's like that.

Sam paced back and forth the huge vintage decorated room. Her nerves were eating her alive and she was losing it. Her eyes drew to the navy blue curtains and strolled along to through the creme colored walls.

She was stalling.

" Samantha?"

May called, appearing through the doorway in a red classy dress  that hugged her curves and some gold high heels. She looked beautiful .

" oh, hey may" sam greeted trying to conceal the nervous ring her voice gave away.

" There's a party tonight" May said with a big smile .

" oh "

" well it's more sort of a welcome party.... for you" May said .

The last thing she'd expected from the mafia was a welcoming party but the distraction was needed and she was itching to forget a few things. So this time , she'd comply.

" you want to get ready with me? "  May asked.
Watching her light up with excitement, Samantha had nothing else to say but "sure"

Before they left she swiftly stashed the thick letter underneath her pillow. The letter would have to wait there was partying to do. She headed towards may and followed her to her room.

Tonight she was going to forget , even if it was just for a little while.

May had a very wide and wild range of clothing.  From cow printed jeans to businesses pant suits . The fabrics all so sexy and revealing and then modest and nunnish. They had gone through dozens of options before settling on what May deemed as a " Baby making dress" . The most sexiest thing about it was the dangerous low cut out in the back .

Sam felt beautiful in it .

She wasn't even worried about how others might see her. She felt at peace with her body and didn't mind a little skin showing.

Then again that was the power of liquor . It gave you courage and May had slipped her a shot or four while she was trying on clothes.

" so you and Eric huh ?" May asked smiling a little to hard.

" You and Tate huh?" Sam returned.

Mays face turned into a sour face

" Ew no . Not in this life time or the next ." She exclaimed her hands flying up and down .

Yeah right.

The party was decorated with a few balloons and had a single table filled with food  and desserts and — of course— beer .
The room was small and there weren't many people there except for kids and some elderly women. Tate was spotted amongst them.

" Sup , shortcakes" he said.
" no"  May said , putting her hand above her face as if the mere sight of tate brought her close to puking.
" what now ? " Tates eyebrows furrowed as he removed her hand and pushed it gently away from his.
" nothing but simply exist " may explained.
" Welp that settles it , You want me ."
" That's absurd,  you're not even my ty—

" hey "  A voice interrupted.

All eyes landing on the golden boy .

" Eric you made it!" Tate shouted giving him one of those hand shakes.

Sam's eyes ran over him, soaking in it all in. He had worn a white button up shirt which he had decided to leave very open . Grey pants that fit in all the right places . His hands and neck adorned with silver necklaces and silver rings. He looked so handsome and she felt a blush creep into her neck.

It left her feeling scared .

Before she knew it music came on . Many people rushed into the dance floor as Bachata played through the speakers.

" do you want to dance ?" Eric turned to her .

She shuffled nervously, she hadn't been taught how to dance . Bachata seemed complicated.

" I'll teach you" he said as if reading her thoughts.
Within a matter of  seconds they were swerving through bodies, each partner in trapped in the rhythm and melody of the music.

It was beautiful. Bachata was beautiful.

Seeing how people laughed and enjoyed swaying their hips. smiling and moving effortlessly. There was no way sam could dance like that.

They found a clear spot near the back. His hand slid around her waist while the other clutched her hand . Then before she knew it they were dancing.

In that moment it didn't matter if she couldn't dance. In his arms she felt a sudden surge of confidence. Anytime she stepped on him or accidentally moved the wrong way he just smiled and encouraged her to go on .

He made her feel comfortable.
He made her feel complete.
He made her feel safe.

He stared into her eyes  and then her lips .

" I  want to kiss you ."

She nodded a silent yes.

Before she knew it her hands were  around his neck and she had tip toed forward to meet his lips. He pushed back ever so slightly, letting his lips brush against hers , toying with her , teasing her , torturing her. It wasn't long before he pressed his warm lips on hers . Devouring her slowly and delicately . Her heart pounding and the rush of blood pounding.

This kiss was soft and sweet and filled with unspoken words . Entangled with emotions. He pulled apart , eyes still closed  and hands still clutched around her waist .
" I don't want you kissing anyone else but me , ever ."

She giggled as he kissed her again , and again and again.

It felt blissful.

But blissful things don't last forever...