EIGHT : Revelation

" sam "

" wake up sam"

A blurred figure hung over her it's hands softly caressed her cheeks as she woke up.

As she stood up she rubbed her eyes open , Eric had been cradling her like she was the most fragile thing in the entire world.

" Eric? What happened? " she asked him.

" You were out for about 10 seconds " he looked hesitant to ask her " are you okay ? " his eyes filled with what almost looked like concern.

" This is all your fault! I mean if you wanted to talk to me you could've done it some place else ! " Samantha bellowed.

" How was I supposed to know you were going to faint ! " Eric explained.

She gasped at the sudden proximity. His face was so close. His lips inches away from hers and his arm was currently wrapped around her body  gently holding her up.  She could feel the heat emerging from his fingertips. Her stomach flipped as she realized that this was the closest she'd been with anyone since... well that day.

" I um —forget it , I'm fine thanks " she unwrapped herself from him feeling the need to create distance between them immediately.

" are you sure you seem pretty—"

" I said I'm fine! " she growled cutting him off.

" Good then " he speculated , as if he didn't believe her , but he didn't linger on the subject to much either .

After this everything got silent, so silent that you could probably hear a string drop and that sound alone would make more noise .

" I'm sorry " he whispered gently disrupting the quietness.

His voice was so sincere and heartfelt, which made her heart hurt. She knew that this wasn't just any apology , no this one was different.

She knew this apology wasn't about the fact that she had passed out due to him locking her in a handicapped bathroom. It definitely wasn't what happened that night in her kitchen or back at his house while they were creating the project.

No .

This was about that night.

She hadn't discussed it with anyone ever since the police questioned her. The mere thought of it brought her to an uneasy state. She could feel her stomach warning her to stay away from the subject or else she was going to puke.

" listen sam , I've already told you before , you don't have talk to me about it , or anything. " He sighed , pushing his hair back with his hand " That's not why I mentioned it . I , I Just wanted to let you know that I'm here for you " he gazed directly at her and began " .... and that I think you're scars shouldn't define who you are or become , because you are so much more than them"

She didn't manage to say anything back . She couldn't even if she tried .  His words were deep and beautiful. They made her feel strong for the first time in a long time and his eyes we're so trusting . Which made her scared . She had let herself slip up before and she didn't want to do it again.

She couldn't do it again.

  Suddenly his arms wrapped around her waist and as he held her tightly. She was shocked initially, but she let him . Allowing herself to breathe in his intoxicating sweet scent as she buried her head on his chest .

The hug only lasted about five seconds, but somehow during those few seconds something had changed. As if an invisible line had been broken and it terrified her. The moment itself was intense and a part left her feeling vulnerable to him . The look his enchanting green eyes gave her made her heart scream with desire . His warm arms wrapped around her body made her feel comfortable and at home.

She had realized that this wasn't lust , or a simple attraction. This was her realizing that she might actually like Eric.

And because of this , she had to leave.

So without any warning , explanation or she rushed out of that bathroom and never looked back.

——————————————————————————-

" Then she had the audacity to tell me that I wasn't TV material " Hannah continued " so I had sex with her husband " she grinned.

" you're a bad ass Han ! " a ninth grader named Lisa complimented her among many other young girls who praised her for being a
—what they called — " Role Model "

Samantha sneered at the outrageous comments , even more because of their stupidity. Hannah Hamilton was no role model , heck she wasn't even a good person .

" when I want something I always get it " she remarked almost as if she was trying to direct it at Samantha.

All the girls in that group giggled like it was the most funniest thing they've ever known .

While Samantha ignored them .

Finally the bell rung and study hall was over .

Samantha gathered her notes and placed them in her book bag . Pushing her chair in and grabbing her belongings. But before she could leave Hannah blocked her way .

" hope you heard my warning , stay away from Eric he's mine! " she barked.

" What are you even talking about " Samantha inquired, she was already getting annoyed by Hannahs tone .

" I saw you guys leaving the handicapped bathroom today " she reported "Everyone knows you only go in there to fuck " she fumed.

Samantha was in panic . If Hannah had seen them , there most likely were more , who had also seen them and those people probably thought the same thing.

For the second time today she was speechless.

" No matter what has happened between you both , he'll always come back to me . Face it your just some toy for him to mess around with" Hannah finished as she mugged her and left to join her little group of minions.

Sam didn't know why she let herself be talked to like that or why she even let Hannahs words get to her .

Eric didn't even like sam.

Even still Eric was Monicas and she would never try and pull something like that . They were friends for a reason and their friendship always came before boys.

It was that simple.

+

A/N :

Yes Hannah Hamilton is the girl displayed in the media section.

( but you can picture her anyway you like )