FOURTEEN: CROWDS AND PROTECTION

It had been three months since Samantha had enrolled in her new high school. During all that time she had spent there, she had not made a single friend.

There was a reason for this. Part of her felt like she was betraying Sarah. Moving on and being friends with someone new while her best friend was six feet under, haunted her mind daily. Even still, she had doubts that there would be anyone else who'd be able to fill in Sarah's shoes.

Not having friends wasn't so bad though, people still treated her nice and normal .

Well most people.

" Didn't I tell you to stay away from Eric ! " Hannah spat at sam as she shoved her against the lockers and hit the ground. Causing her to drop all of her belongings including her — now shattered — phone.

" what the fuck is you're problem " sam yelled back as she picked up her phone and tried to push herself up from the school floor.

" what part of he's mine don't you understand? " Hannah spat as her minions held sam on the floor as she struggled to break free from their grasp. " I hate when things don't go my way, I'm gonna teach you a lesson, maybe then you'll learn some respect" Hannah said asmused as she chuckled and pulled out a black sharpie.

Samantha had tried to escape , but she was easily outnumbered and the minions were holding her down with all of their strength. The harsh tip of the sharpie slid across her forehead and her cheeks as Hannah kept sam's head still .

Giggles were heard from the crowd that had quickly smelled the chaos and invited themselves to be apart of it . Samantha could hear the snaps and clicks of emerging from them as they took pictures of this horrendous act .

There were people in the crowd who seemed scared and almost sorry for her . Despite all of this , no one helped her . No one called a teacher , or even stood up for her .

She was alone .

Samantha held back her tears and put on a brave face , she wouldn't show she was weak , she wouldn't beg to go free .

Not ever again.

" what's going on here ! " yelled a teacher from down the hallway.

The crowd scrambled away and so did Hannah and her minions as a couple of teachers made their way to the group. Samantha got up and lowered her head as she walked past the teachers and other students fleeing from the scene. She made her way inside the handicapped bathroom and locked herself in .

Looking at her reflection towards the mirror , her face carved with the words ' slut ' and 'prostitute' . Her throat formed a knot as she found it hard to breath. Allowing her tears to drop freely.

" You are a slut , and she is our prostitute " she remembered them saying.

With a quick swing of her fist she began repeatedly punching and smashing the mirror, until her knuckles became bloody and the mirror became filled with cracks. She felt numb .

" 1, 2, 3, 4, ... " she continued as she tried calming herself down and concentrated on her now bloody and bruised knuckles .