VII

*EDITED*

Iran returns home from his, 'meetup' with Hannah. He knew his brothers were home, for, school had finished about ten minutes ago.

As he pulls up, he spots Rose standing in front of her door, looking at something in her hand. Suddenly she throws it. Iran watches her through his car window, the conclusion stirring in his mind that she was crazy.

As he steps out his car, loud sobs met his ear. Was she crying? Iran wonders, locking his car.

He proceeds to his house, ignoring the urge to check on her. She's fine, he repeats to himself, but he knew she wasn't.

Finally letting the urge control him, he walks over to Rose. Iran stands behind her, unable to conjure up a thought of what to do next.

"Um, are-"

Rose spins around in horror, her eyes wide as they met Iran's. Quickly, she opens the door to her house, and tramples in, harshly closing it behind her.

"Hey! I didn't mean to scare y-" Iran begins, banging on her door.

"Leave me alone!" Rose yells through the thick wood.

"Fine!" Iran marches over to his house, angrily. He should've just mind his business, he didn't care about her.

He enters his house, feeling on edge, the situation outside, leaving him in a sour mood.

"Hey little bro!"

Iran steps into the den, where Diran and Ryan sat, playing a video game. They both wave at him as he appears.

"Hey," Iran says lowly, one hand swiping throw the air.

He turns on his heel and jogs up the stairs to his room. Making his way over to his bed, something catches his eyes. Through his large window, he spots Rose, in the room across from his.

Her hands were covering her face as she sat on her bed, clearly in distress.

Iran closes his grey curtains, blocking out the image. He takes a seat on his bed, when his phone vibrates in his pocket. He slides it out, Hannah had texted, again.

Hannah: Hey, I'm still home alone, so want to come over?

Iran turned his phone off, sometimes Hannah was a turnoff, well her desperate ways were. And his meeting with the Bilactics was starting in thirty minutes. Remembering his third task, Iran growles, he was having a shitty day so far.

Rose sat on her bed, feeling pathetic. Her encounter with Iran was unexpected, and she completely reacted on her emotions.

What happened with not being seen as a weak fool? She mocks herself, helplessly.

She felt a wave pass through her, as if someone was watching her, but when she turns and looks out her window, she only saw curtains being closed from the house next door. Rose wipes at her cheeks and gets up to get some tissues from her dresser. She stumbles over her backpack -on her way to the tissue box- which causes her binder to spill out at her feet. She picks it up, gathering the scattered papers as well. She grasps the last paper in her hand, but as she proceeds to put it back in her binder, she notices something on the corner of the sheet.

Due friday, it said. Rose scans the paper, and gasps as it read; six paragraph essay on The Growth Of Immigration in the U.S.A.

She scowls at herself for not doing it the day it was given, and instead driving to see Blake, her now; ex.

Rose grabs the box of Kleenex, bringing it over to her bed, where she pulls out her laptop, intended on completing the essay the same night.

Iran starts his car just as the hour hand on his watch hits four o'clock. He had just got off the phone with Aaron Bilactic, Mr. Bilactic's son. Iran didn't know why he canceled the last minute and decided to instead send his son. But he didn't care, he just want to get the meeting over with and the deal; signed. Iran needed to prove to his father that he could do something essential to help the family. He desperately need the last task to work out in his favor.

Iran pulls up to the company gate, and sticks his hand out his car window to a machine where he swiped an I.D card. The gate opens and Iran slowly drives through, once in, he parks in the first parking lot, and exits his car. Walking to the front door of the building, he nods at a guard who lets him in.

"Right this way, Sir." The guard leads him to another door where he again swipes his I.D card. The door opens and he gets in an elevator. Iran presses the fifth floor were the meeting rooms were located.

Iran had only been to Cols Co. a few times in his teenage years, but he recalled being younger and playing hide-and-seek with his brothers on all the floors of the building.

And there were eighty-four.

The elevator opens behind Iran and he turns around and walks out. At his presence, he felt the room become quiet. All eyes were now on him, and he felt powerful.

This was Iran's dream; everything his father worked for to someday be his. If only he could prove to his father that Diran was no fit. Well, that none of his brothers were, and just he was.

Iran saw room 2A, where the meeting was being held. He swipes his I.D card and the door to the room opens, allowing him to enter.

Iran's greeted by a large square table, where Aaron and his secretary sat at the end of.

The secretary winks at him, while pushing her chest forward- in his direction. Iran smirks, his eyes glued to her unbuttoned shirt.

"Hello. I am here on my father's behalf." Aaron spoke, acknowledging Iran. He extends his right hand and Iran walks to the other side to shake it.

"Iran Col." Iran states, taking a seat at the other end of the table.

Aaron nods, "I've heard a lot 'bout you, Mr. Col. Most notorious brother I hear. Is that right?" Both Aaron and Iran chuckle.

"I don't know, they don't say it around me. I assume it's hush hush."

Aaron hums, snapping his fingers. His secretary passes him a folder.

"So after a long talk with my father, we have agreed to the contract. As long as-"

A door slams behind Iran, and his father's secretary takes a seat beside him, "sorry I'm late."

"Damn right you are." Iran spares her an irritated glance.

"As I was saying; as long as we get fifty percent share of all profits."

Iran didn't hesitate spitting out his next word.

"Deal."

Both secretaries pull out a sheet and slide it across the table. Iran's father's secretary hands him a pen, which he takes to print his signature at the bottom of the page.

Aaron does the same, and they shake hands once more.

"It was nice meeting you Mr. Col, but I must be on my way now."

"Pleasure is mine, have a safe flight."

Aaron's secretary shakes Iran's hand as well. As their hands detach, Iran felt something in his palm.

He heard the meeting room door close, signaling he was now alone. Iran opens his palm, and found a folded paper. He unfolds the paper and chuckles as he saw Aaron's secretary's number printed at the bottom.

Iran sighs, typical bitches. He crumbles the paper in his hands and shoots it for the trash. On his way out the building, his phone vibrates, and he pulls it out from his pocket and turns it on. It was a message from, Hannah.

Hannah: Are you mad at me? {insert sad emoji here}

Iran: Doesn't matter. I'll hit you up when I need you.

Hannah: {insert happy emoji here} Okay!

Iran locates his car in the lot.

Home time, he told himself, happily.

thank you for reading.

↷↶

VOTE

if you could go anywhere, where would you go?

-d. roze