XIII

*EDITED*

Rose crosses the driveway, approaching the front door of her house. She, currently in a daze from her date with Caleb, couldn't help but reminisce on the event. From the restaurant they had entered, to their hand in each other's when they exited.

After leaving work, they headed for Food Dolores. He sat across from her as the waitress approached them. Rose's mind travels back to how he looked at her; he was so handsome, always holding a secret smile. She proudly admitted that there was some chemistry between them, and her plan had worked. Blake was now a distant memory, soon to fade away, completely.

Finally at the door, Rose catches sight of the broken lock. She touches it in horror, the conclusion that someone has broken in, settling in her mind.

Hesitantly, she enters the home, nothing seemed out of place, broken, or dirty. She climbs the stairs, opens her room door, and jumps back in fear. Iran was inside, sitting on her bed-- positioned as if he had been sitting there for hours. Rose's room was the only part in the house that seemed as if there was a rampage, and it frightened her.

Iran's blue eyes bore into Rose's green one's, "where is it?!" He demands. His hands curling into fists, fire ablaze in his eyes. He gets off the bed and approaches Rose slowly.

"Where is what?" She asks innocently, her voice soft and light. She knew exactly what he was talking about. Her hand still held the door knob, and as Iran approached her, the grip tightened.

"Don't play games with me. I want my fucking journal back!" Iran hiss, extending his arms and grabbing her shoulders roughly.

"How did you know I had it?" Rose asks, falling out of his grip. She lets go of the knob, her breath now coming out in patches.

"My parents fucking own the school. I have access to cameras and whatnot."

She had totally forgotten about the camera.

Stupid, Rose! Stupid!

She shakes her head, holding a wicked smile, "you can have it. I already know enough to ruin you." She smirks in his face. Despite her attitude, she was shaking with fear.

Rose maneuvers around him, and opens the first draw to her dresser. She digs her hand inside and moments later, it appears with Iran's diary.

Rose saw the change of expression on his face as he opens his mouth to speak.

"What was your fucking point in taking my journal?"

"You really think you could get away with throwing me in a closet? Huh? Well this is my way of paying you back!" she points her finger at his chest.

How could he be so clueless?

"Rose-"

"No, you don't throw people in closets, locking them in. And then expect them to act as if nothing ever happened!" She says harshly.

"Well, you don't disrespect me like the way you did on the first day of school!" Iran fires back, now, also yelling. The green veins in his neck becomes visible as his fists tighten.

"Well, all you had to do was get out of my way!"

She looks down.

Rose starts to feel more ashamed of her actions than before. She hadn't planned on taking it this far. It was only supposed to be a harmless prank, showing that she wasn't a loser and-

But now...

She knew things were out of her hands.

Out of her control.