XVII

*EDITED*

Iran sat, unable to conjure up a memory of the last time he and a female sat down in a restaurant, on a date. It was always ' meet me in my room.' That was the 'date,' in a way. Iran liked it better that way anyway, he hated talking about himself to some stranger, while their only intentions were to have sex.

Watching Rose eat, was somehow warming and relaxing for Iran. He didn't know why, maybe it was the way she was so engrossed in her food. There wasn't a second when Rose's mouth was empty. But she didn't eat like an animal, maybe that was it, she ate fast, but gracefully, as if it was natural.

"If you're going to watch me, get yourself some food." 

Iran regains his focus, shaking his head slightly. "Oh, ahh-"

"Creep," Rose whispers under her breath. She bows her head, indulging back into her meal once again. She glances at her phone that laid in front of the food, and groaned.

3:15pm, it was getting late.

Rose lifts her fries- filled hand and plunges the fries into her mouth, she chewed, swallowed, then got another handful.

"Hmm," 

"Are you really that hungry, or are you just trying to mock me?" Iran crosses his arms, leaning back in his chair. His back met the smooth, but cold wood.

"Both!" 

Rose said enthusiastically, looking up at Iran with a cheesy smile, to which Iran returns-- chuckling. 

Rose stops chewing, "I've never seen you smile before, eww." 

Iran doesn't answer, his smile fading away. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have." Rose says.

"Rose, you have-" Iran leans over the table, grabbing a white napkin then outstretching his right arm, - "something on your cheek,"

Rose quickly slid back in her chair, "I got it-"

"No, here," Iran swipes his hand, collecting the ketchup in the napkin. He rolls it up, and places it on the table. 

"Iran-"

Cling. 

Rose switches her attention to the entrance door behind Iran. Two buff guys-- with tattooed covered bodies, enters the restaurant, their eagle- like shaped eyes planted on Iran's back.

"Iran."

Iran turns in his chair, following Rose's gaze.

"C'mon, we should go-" Iran pushes back in his chair and stands up. He moved quickly, grabbing onto Rose's arm, yanking her out of her seat.

"No! Wait! I need to f-"

"You can finish your food in the car!"

Rose scoops up her remaining burger and fries, along with her milkshake. She imitated Iran's pace, getting worried as the expression on his face darkened. The buff guys now twelve feet away from their table, frowned at them.

"Hey, Iran, grab my water." 

"No Rose, we have to go. And now!"

"But, but-"

Iran guides Rose out the back door of the restaurant. Behind them, the door they recently exited is left open, and the two men steps out. Iran looks behind him, seeing them, he takes off, pulling Rose by the arm.

The two men follow behind Iran and Rose calmly, never changing their pace of walking. Their goal wasn't to catch him, just scare him. 

Iran and Rose jumps in the car, shutting the door behind them. He starts the car and they drive off.