XVI

*EDITED*

"Maybe she's pregnant, she was clutching her stomach..."

"No she can't be, she's a virgin."

"How do you know? She-"

"Ryan! Focus on driving!" Iran rubbed his temples, "I can't believe the fucking nurse chose this day to be out!"

Voices surround Rose as she wakes up from her slumber. Everything seemed clouded and grey. Underneath her, she felt leather, hard cold leather. Rose props her body up with her right elbow, wincing as she did so. 

It took her a few minutes, but she later realizes she's laying in the back of a moving car-- with people. Up front, she spots four male heads. As her eyes begin to clear up, a more detailed picture was revealed.

Rose sits up fully-- her heart thumping in her chest, she was in Iran's car! "W- what?" She manages to stammer out. Her palms lay flat on the car seat, supporting her body.

Unwillingly, everything begins to seep back to Rose. 

Punch.

Pain.

Cols.

She'd passed out, seeing, the last memory that came to mind was Diran holding her as she collapsed.

Rose wraps her arms around her chest, searching for the pain that was once there. But it was now gone.

"Oh! Look who is awake!"

Rose's head shoot up at the voice. Brian was turned around in his seat, arms wrapped around the head, looking at her. 

"W- what?" Rose's eyebrows furrowed together, "Wh-what's h-happening?" The car hit a bump, making Rose bounce on her seat. "Ow!" She screeches, latching onto the car's side.

"You're going to the-"

"We're here!"

Rose switches her attention to the car's window. The car had pulled up in front of a big building labeled 'Cols Hospital.' Ryan parked in a separate driveway, away from all the other parked cars. 

"W-why are w-we-"

"I'll get her." 

The car door is pulled open in rush, and Rose is scooped up-- rag doll like. She flings her arms around Brian's neck, supporting her body. He flashes her a toothy smile, closing the door with his feet.

The Clos scurry towards the hospital doors, Brian carrying Rose bridal style behind.

Brian took a quick glance down at Rose. She breathed heavily, with drooping eyelids, clearly in a bad state. Rose laid vulnerable in Brian's arms, and Brian knew she was terribly unwell. 

Hastily, he leans down to plant a kiss on her lips, "Hmm!"

"Shsh!" Brian says, dipping his head again.

"No!" 

Why wouldn't she just be quiet, he just wanted one kiss, he thought.

"Hurry Brian, we need to get her in fast!" Brian lifts his head. Diran walked backwards, staring at him mysteriously. "What are you doing?"

Brian looks down at Rose. "I- ah was just making sure she was o- ok." 

"With your-"

"C'mon, we have to go-"

"Ok, man," Diran turns back around.

Brian took a deep breath, that was close. He was almost caught. 

They approach the hospital and Diran, being in front, open the doors.

________________

"There doesn't seem to be anything severely wrong with her. Are her parents available?" Dr. Mendel eyes the boys up and down. He tapped his paper-filled clipboard furiously with a pen.

"That doesn't matter. She looked as if she was in pain-"

"I need some papers filled out, and they require a parent's signature," the doctor says, he flips the clipboard over, facing it towards Iran while unclipping the papers.

"Do you know who we are?" Iran steps closer towards the doctor. Making his back press against the white walls. Dr. Mendel scrambles for his papers, "Y- yes. Um.. y- yea. C- Cols?" 

"Correct, now, as we were saying--" Iran made space between him and the doctor, -- "Was there anything abnormal?"

"No, I didn't find anything out of place, she just fainted. H- her sugar was l-low-" Dr. Mendel fumbles with his thin rimmed glasses, easing them up his nose. Beads of sweat slowly crawling down his forehead as he faced the Cols.

"Is she pregnant?" Brian blurts out. He stood by the door, back leaned up against the walls.

"No!" Iran answers irritated. Little rolls forming on his forehead.

"No, it's clear that she hasn't eaten, and once she does, she should feel better."

Rose opens her eyes to see five males peeking over her. "Wh- what? The h- hospital?"

"Do you remember-"

"My stomach, yes. I- it's ok n- now," Rose rested her head on the pillow, breathing deeply. "I'm okay."

_______________

"No, no, I'll go back to school."

"But yo-" Ryan tries to reason with her. "Rose, you need to go home, and you punched a girl!"

"Well, she deserved it!"

Rose leans back in the car seat with her arms folded across her chest. They had just gotten in the car, after exiting the hospital.

"Rose, you act like a disobedient child!"

The car remained silent for the rest of the ride back to Cols high. 

"I'm hungry," Rose whines as they pull up in front of the school building. 

"Iran will take you somewhere, lunch break already passed," Diran hops out of the car followed by Ryan.

"No, I'd love to bring a pretty lady on a lunch date," Brian gives Rose a once over before exiting Iran's car.

"It's not a date," Rose says quickly, rolling her eyes. 

"You'll be fine, school is almost over anyway," Iran says grimly as Rose steps out of the car.

"No, I'm hungry now and the doctor instructed that I get fed..."

"Brian, Father requests your presence," Diran taps Brian on the shoulder, "guess you won't be bringing this pretty girl on a date," Diran mocks, leading Brian away, Ryan following close behind. 

"Next time Cupcake!" Brian yells, facing Rose as he walks away. He gives Rose a quick wink before turning on his heels. 

"So, Iran-"

"I'm not fucking taking you."

"Yes you are. Your secret- "

"Fuck you!" Iran and Rose slid back into the car, "that's getting old!" Iran exclaims.

"And so is your constant defiance!" Rose shoots back, buckling her seatbelt.

thank you for reading.

↷↶

VOTE

What type of phone do you have?

-d. roze