001

❝curious.❞

*:・゚✧ ✧゚・: *

*:・゚✧ ✧゚・: *

"this is getting annoying! for a full month, this girl has been so curious about the room."

"it's not like she's actually knocking on the door. plus, you don't even know her."

"i don't care, i'm going to find her phone number and immediately give her warnings on text."

"don't—"

"entering hwang hyunjin's condo room will only bring danger in her life, so i'm texting her whether you like it or not."

*:・゚✧ ✧゚・: *

haerin was on her way back to the condo room her and her best friend shared after going grocery shopping.

once they got to the 4th floor, haerin and her bestfriend, saera, both came across room 4419 once again. like usual, haerin stops on the spot to try and inspect the room.

saera facepalmed. "why are you always looking at that strange room door?"

"look saera, we've been living on this floor for almost 2 years and almost a year ago, someone new moved into that room and i still don't know who lives there," haerin sighs. "i'm just curious."

"i know like everyone in this floor and i've introduces myself to almost everyone on this floor, except room 4419!" she continued.

"so why can't i just—" haerin was about to step in front of the room door until saera stopped her. "haerin, stop."

"what's wrong with this room??" she asked. but then right when she asked that, an unknown number texted her.

"hey look..." haerin said looking at her phone. "an unknown number texted me.."

listen to your friend. don't get close to room 4419.
( received, 13:40 )

consider these texts a warning.
( received, 13:41 )

who are you?
( sent, 13:43 )

"who's that?" saera asks. she went up to haerin to look at the phone. "i got a text from someone about the room. isn't that a coincidence?" haerin scratched her neck.

she read the text messages and saera immediately walked away, creeped out after reading the messages.

"that's what i was trying to say, haerin." they got into their condo room and began to put away the groceries. "they say if you wish death, then you can go ahead and knock on that door."

"well i'm not afraid of death and you know that for a fact so i'm taking the risk." she paused. "not now though... soon."

saera heavily sighs. "okay, whatever haerin. but hey, mind getting our mail downstairs in the lobby? i'll continue putting away all the groceries."

"fine." haerin exited their room and began to walk down the hall again, only to come across the room.. again.

what's so bad about knocking on this door? she thought.

she was about to knock approach the "dangerous" room's door until she received a text.

you don't need to know who i am, you just need to listen to me.
( received, 14:01 )

having any type of connection with the room owner of that room will only cause danger in your life, miss.
( received, 14:02 )

haerin had to admit, she did feel a big frightened by these texts so she moved further away from the door and continued to walk to the elevator.

once she arrived at the lobby, she immediately got the mail and went back into the elevator. the elevator was about to close until a foot stopped it.

a young-looking boy, who seemed to look younger than haerin by probably a year or so, entered the elevator. she thought he looked cute, in a baby/child way. "what floor?" she asked him.

"fifth please." he said with a smile and after pressing the buttons, it became awkward only for a bit because the fourth floor finally came and haerin finally left the awkwardness.

but as she was exiting, she dropped something and the boy saw her drop her key card to access her condo room. he knew it was something important so he picked it up immediately before the elevator closed and went all the way to the front of her room door, where she was.

"uhm, hey... girl from the elevator?" she looked at the tall young boy from the elevator, who had her card in his hand "you dropped this in the elevator." he said as he gave her the key card.

"oh my god, i've been looking for that for like five minutes now." she took it from him and smiled. "thanks... what's your name?"

"yang jeongin." he smiled like a child.

"thanks jeongin— wait yang...?" haerin curiously asked. it's as if the name sounds familiar to her, which it does.

jeongin... is that you? haerin thought.

"yes and your name?" he asked her. "k-kang haerin.. nice to meet you, but my friend is waiting for me inside. thanks again for returning my card." haerin smiled at the young boy and she immediately went inside after he left her sight.

haerin closed the door behind her, having so many thoughts wandering in her mind all at once. "haerin, are you okay?" saera asked her as she saw her best friend coming back to the room, looking confused and flustered.

"j-jeongin... he didn't recognize me." she crawled to the couch and crouched with her arms around her legs. "wait what? you saw jeongin? how— w-where?" saera said, shocked.

"on the elevator.. i dropped my key card and he returned it to me, and he told me his name, and he said his name was yang jeongin."

"but isn't that a good thing? no one you know is supposed to know you're alive, haerin." saera told her.

"jeongin is family though. he's important to me." she exclaimed. "you can't expose yourself to anyone no matter what, haerin. you're gonna get yourself into shit if you do." saera said.

"i need to let him know soon, saera, or it will bother me for while knowing he's in the same building as us. step brother or not, i don't care, even if we're not related by blood or in anyway..."

"i still call him my brother. i still care and trust him no matter what as my younger brother."

*:・゚✧ ✧゚・: *

a/n: hope it's intense in a way but here's a new story, i really don't want this to flop hhhhhhh