016

❝it's painful.❞

*:・゚✧ ✧゚・: *

*:・゚✧ ✧゚・: *

here's a life lesson. when you lose people, it's hard to believe and it's also hard to accept. you have no choice but to face the fact that it's real. everything happened and we can't change the fact that it happened because there's nothing we can do about it.

it's been a full month since the announcement and since hyunjin got discharged from the hospital. ever since then, hyunjin couldn't stop crying and he hasn't cried this much in so long. he didn't want her to leave like this.

he didn't want his sister, whom he hasn't seen in over 10 years, to leave him again in this miserable and filthy world.

he spent most of his time sitting in front of eunha's grave, crying and blaming himself for causing this to happen. he often says, "none of this would've happened if it weren't for me."

but now, hyunjin spent these last few days staying at home, trying to settle and calm down for a bit. he's began to get used to the fact that his whole family is really gone. it's hard to say but it's reality. all he really has left is his second family and the love his life, also known as his sevene other buddies plus saera and haerin.

all because of jaechan, his parents are gone... his sister is gone... and if he were to lose his friends plus haerin too, he doesn't know what he would do.

because of jaechan, he even has many regrets in life.

"hey, are you okay?" haerin asked hyunjin, who was so deep into thought that he forgot that he was with haerin.

"oh, yeah, i'm fine." he gave a warm smile to her, assuring he's okay. "whatcha thinking about?" she asked.

he gave her eye contact then slowly sighed. "it's okay.. don't mention it." haerin said, knowing what he's thinking about.

there was silence between the two. they both went deep into thought until haerin spoke up once again. "hyunjin," she said his name. "do you think everything is okay now?"

"what do you mean?"

"do you think we'll be able to live normally now after everything that happened?" she asked, worried.

hyunjin held onto haerin's hand to stop her from worrying too much about the future. "jaechan's gone, right? we won't have anything to worry about."

"i promise, okay?" hyunjin smiled at her and she nodded. "let's go back home?"

"definitely, i'm tired." she sighed and they got up and were heading home.