Chapter 3 - School (Edited)

Rose POV:
"Mom? "

"Hey honey, come here, " her voice was hardly a faint whisper, but I managed to hear her say it nonetheless.

I slowly walked to her bed and sat at the spot next to her.

"Come closer, " she said. I hesitantly did what she told me, and leaned forward.

"I want you to be strong honey, as you can see I am very weak and unfortunately I won't be with you for long, " She whisperd.

I can feel my hot tears flowing down my cheeks and dripping from my chin. I never thought I would hear those words this soon. I am not ready yet.

"Don't cry, " She sighed "Rose my beautiful girl, you are stronger than you think. You have a whole future waiting for you,"

"No mom," I started sobbing "you can't leave me,"

"Rose, you are so much more than what you think are. Believe in yourself, soon you would understand what I mean by that, "

She slowly closed her eyes and released her last breath.

"No mom! No! Please mom... Don't... "I started sobbing and screaming until I finally continued as a small weak whisper,

"Don't leave,"

~. ~. ~. ~. ~. ~. ~. ~.

I opened my teary eyes as the tears rolled down my cheeks from remembering the last time I saw my mom.

I looked to my right and saw it was already 7:00 am. I should probably get ready for school. On a second thought, five more minutes wouldn't hurt anyone.

I woke up again to find my dad staring at me.

"You are supposed to be awake,"

"And you are supposed to knock,"

I know he was my dad and I love him, but I didn't like to have lectures in the mornings. I am not a morning person, people shouldn't talk to me until after 8:00 am.

"Get ready, quickly, then come outside to have breakfast. You don't want to be late on your first day of school, " he rambeled while heading to the door. Mean while, I just groaned and sat on the bed.

Before he can even leave he said "And maybe take a quick shower to wash away your sassines, "

"Can't, you know it runs in my blood, " I smirked at him. He rolled his eyes at me and closed the door.

I got out of bed, and took a quick shower. I wrapped a towel around me and went fishing for clothes in the closet. I decided to wear something simple. So I just wore skinny jeans and a black T-shirt. I dried my brown hair that reached my waist, and put it in a messy bun. I went to the mirror and applied eyeliner and mascara that made my hazel eyes pop out, also some pink nude lipstick. Lastly I wore my white sneakers and went to the kitchen.

My dad had already prepared my plate. Scrambled eggs with cheese and bread. I took my plate drooling on just how delicious it looked. I sat on the chair that was right next to my dad's. He had his glasses on and was reading something on the newspaper while a cup of coffee was held in his right hand.

I basically gulped down my breakfast and washed my plate afterwards. I went outside and got in the car where my dad was waiting for me.

It was a silent drive. The school wasn't far away so I guess I am going to walk more often since my dad wouldn't be able to pick me up. He found a new job that will keep him busy most of the time.

He finally pulled over infront of a building that was huge. There were some students sitting on the grass chatting. Some people were walking and some were arriving in their cars and pulling over. So I guess it looked like a normal high school.

"Remember I won't be able to pick you up I have business to attend to. Will you be okay? " he asked.

"Yeah dad. The house isn't far from here. I can walk back home," I replied.

"Ok, but text me when you get there just to be sure,"

I giggled. Sometimes he can be so over protective.

"Yeah dad sure,"

He smiled and I returned it. "Have fun pumpkin, "

"I will try thanks dad,"

He kissed my forehead before I got out of the car. I looked behind me and waved him goodbye before he drived off.

All eyes were on me of course because I am new here. I ignored their stares and continued my walk. I entered the large building and it was really big from the inside. I am definitely getting lost in here.

Some people were leaning on the lockers. Some people had a confused look on their faces to see a new face. Some people smiled at me when they figured I was new. Some boys checked me out which left some girls glaring at me.

I went to the door that said office. I was given my schedule and my locker number. After what felt like walking in a maze, I finally saw my locker. As I was opening it and putting some books, I noticed about six guys coming out from a corner of the hallway. I would be lying if I said they didn't look scary. They were almost the same height no less than six feet and they all have well built bodies.

I saw them as they approached a skinny boy with glasses across my locker. He was holding some books in his arms. One of the six guys-who looked more intimidating than the others-seemed to be like the leader or something.

He approached that poor boy and slammed the books out of the boy's arms. The boy was left shocked. Fear was apparent in his eyes.

He then slammed the boy on the lockers and said-more like snarled-

"Watch where you are going loser,or would you rather be dead? "

How cruel!?! The boy was no where near his way.

All his empty headed friends started laughing at the boy's shivering form.

One of his friends noticed me staring at them and his eyes widened before he said, "Hey, you must be new. Well let me get things clear here, there are rules in this palce and you can't just stare at us, or there will be consequences, "

"Don't even dare touch me you bastard, " I snarled.

All of his friends turned their heads to see who said that. Clearly they weren't used to people talking back to them. Even the poor boy was looking at me shocked. Well they need to get used to it if I was staying here.

"What did you say to me? " the same guy asked.

I was about to talk when something caught my eyes. The guy that slammed the boy and who I assume was the leader looked at me and all what I could see was his sea blue eyes piercing through me. Suddenly the world froze and all the words that were on the tip of my tongue were swallowed back down. I felt like a stick who couldn't move a muscle as if his gaze was some kind of a spell that cursed me. Bunch of butterflies flapped around in my stomach and my throat was suddenly dry.

I knew he was feeling the same way. His eyes widened when he first layed his eyes on me.