Chapter 7 - I Will Never Accept (Edited)

Marcus POV:
After what happened with Rose, we drove to our pack house. It was an awkward silent during our drive there. It wasn't the first time something like this happened, but this time–to me–felt very wrong. I always felt that way, but to Rose felt painfully wrong. After a 20 min drive, we made it the pack house, and let me tell you it was very big. It had the Alpha office, theater, living room, bed rooms, and—well you get the idea it was simply huge.

We entered the house and once we were in the hallway we all stopped walking. There was an undeniable tension between us and I was pretty sure that we all wondered what happened back there, at least Brad and I did.

"What the hell happened to you back there," Brad asked Zack.

Both of us were shocked at how fast he got mad at her and almost killed her. I mean it wasn't the worst thing he had ever done, but he never done something like that before a warning.

"I don't know. She just really piss me off. She disgust me and my wolf can't stand it, " he replied.

Once he said that, we saw an angry Jason walking fast towards us. His blue eyes were dark from anger, his teeth were clenched and his fists told us he was about to punch someone.  He then brought his fist and hit Zack's jaw–hard. He started punching him in the guts several times before Zack collapsed to the ground clenching his stomach.

"WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO THAT FOR?!  "Zack screamed out in pain.

"I have already told you that you have done enough, but you clearly disobeyed me, " Jason snarled. "Touch her like that again and you'll be sorry, " he stomped his way to his office and slammed the door shut. 

"Jason has been acting weird today, don't you think? " I asked Brad. Ignoring Zack's call to help him stand up. Deep down I knew he deserved what he got.

Brad smiled at me, "I guess it is his time of the month, " he snickered. We both burst out laughing while Zack was still groaning in pain which made us laugh even more. However, I was curious to know Jason's sudden behavior. He never defended a human before.

I went to his office, not bothering to knock, I immediately went in and closed the door behind me. I saw his left hand leaning on the desk while his right was in his hair and his back was facing me. I stood there for a minute or so before he talked.

"What? " he snapped without facing me.

"Are you feeling okay?" I asked concerned.

"Does it look like it, " he spat while turning to face me.

"Well, no. So what's up? " Jason and I were best friends in the past. We were like brothers. But then we met Brad who will be his Beta and Zack who will be his Delta then Luke and Ed joined us so we weren't the same again. He wasn't as cruel and mean as now but his uncle tought him to be like this. He said that's how Alphas should be, he also emphasized how humans are just waste of space. But even though Jason doesn't really care about me anymore, he is still the brother I never had.

"I just... I am not feeling well, "he whispered.

"Everything was just fine until you slammed Sam at the lockers," I tried to recall the events that happened today.

He looked at me confused. Then he probably realized the kid who he slammed today was Sam. I don't really like hurting people whom done nothing to me, but I kinda have to follow them around.

"You know now that I think of it, you weren't acting the same when we saw Rose. Usually when someone talk back to us, you're the one who get pissed off and do something about it." I scratched my chin still thinking, "And when Rose came to English you suddenly got tensed and stiffened for some reason and you kept looking at her until class was over, " I felt like I was getting somewhere, but I couldn't place my finger on it. "And if you punched Zack for beating Rose that means you were there and you don't usually go to that part of the forest near the town when you are in your wolf form,"

He just stared at the ground with a sad expression on his face as if he regretted what he has done. But his actions seemed to come unwillingly like it was normal to stare, be nervous and threaten a guy who hurt a girl he just met—Oh my god. Something had definitely clicked in my head. It was obvious.  

"No way! She... She is your mate?  How? When? " I asked shocked.

"IF YOU SAY A WORD TO ANYONE I SAWEAR I AM GONNA RIP YOUR TONGUE OUT THEN MAKE YOU SWALLOW IT! " he yelled.

"Woah... Hey relax. I am not going to say anything. But when did you find out? "

"This morning after I slammed Sam,
I looked at her and felt it all, " he wiped his hand on his face in frustration.

"But how can a human be your mate?  Alpha Rob made it very clear that werewolves don't have humans as mate,"  I asked confused.

"Well somehow the Moon Goddess was just feeling a bit dizzy and hit the wrong mate button— HOW THE HELL SHOULD I KNOW? "

"Well maybe it is a sign that could bring both of us together in peace, " I suggested.

"Marcus my ceremony is near and I am about to be Alpha of the Lunar Blood Pack, the strongest Pack out there, and having a human for a mate will make me a joke towards other Packs. No one will take me seriously, other than that, I despise humans. I kill and bully as much as I can and I  don't feel a slight of regret. Don't forget that they killed our formal Alpha and Luna. So how am I supposed to accept her? "

"But you can't do anything to it Jason,  she is not a werewolf that you can reject... So you have to accept her, "

"I will never accept her and I will show you and your mate that she is as worthless as the others, even if I have to torture her for as long as her life can handle, " he gritted out.

I widened my eyes, my mate?  I did not know Diana knew about this but she was really clever.

"Huh Diana knew about this. She is really smart that's one thing I love about her, " I smiled.

He glared at me as if to warn me not to talk any further about his sister.   "Sorry I shouldn't have said that in front of you, " I sheepishly smiled.

And he thinks that the Moon Godded hates him for making a human his mate! Well, it is not as bad as having a mate who has a brother that wants to  rip my throat out every time I look at her.

I guess we both have mates issue. Well actually my issue is with him.
Well actually his issue is also from him. We should really get rid of him.

"Marcus, "he warned. 

Oh shoot I said that out loud. Oops.

                         ~. ~. ~. ~. ~. ~

!!!! Very important A/N:

Hello readers 👋 it's been a while and I miss you all ❤
I was rereading this and I felt the need to explain this since I failed to do it two years ago 🤓

As I was writing the story I initially wanted to mention that I consider rejecting a mate should be done and accepted from both sides, and as a werewolf is forced to have a mate that makes him/her complete, has a chance of rejection if it is accepted in both ways in order to break the bond.
BUT.... If the mate turned to be a human, he/she can't be rejected by the werewolf since the bond inside of the human isn't there it needs to be formed, it has its roots (like how Rose reacted to Jason when she first saw him) but it doesn't compare to the feelings of Jason's. So basically a rejection can't be made since there isn't a bond in the first place. A werewolf can chose to leave his/her human but will have a more painful effect than a rejection (possibly death) since it is not accepted by the human(felt).

In summery : human mate = no escape. I want the werewolf to suffer 😈. That's why human mate is for the bad wolf 😉

I don't know if that made sense I gave the best I can. Sorry I didn't explain before 💔.

Btw... Did I mention I miss you guys 💔 😭