Chapter 23 - Saying Goodbye (Edited)

Rose POV :
"Rose... We need to talk."

"Is everything alright dad? "I asked while walking until I stood infront of him. He nodded for me to sit next to him and I did. I looked at him begging him to say something.

"It is just... There is a work trip that is specifically for me to attend... I don't know why but they only asked me.... And I have no choice but to go. "

I was shocked. We haven't even been here for a month and we're already leaving. After I accepted those unexpected changes. I finally felt home and yet it was taken away from me again. I felt my eyes get teary... How was I supposed to tell them that I was leaving? I wasn't ready to leave. What would Jason say? He literally couldn't stay away from me. Even when I try to avoid him most of the time I could see his small attempts to get closer.

"Oh don't worry pumpkin... I am only leaving for a week. "he said while rubbing my back gently. Wait!  So he was only leaving?  For a week? I was very relieved that I was not going.... But we never got separated. This trip didn't settled well with me. He was new to his job and he was already being sent to a business trip all by himself.

"I'll be back before you know it."he smiled trying to reassure me and I couldn't resist but to smile back.

"When will you leave? " I asked.

His smile dropped and he looked sad again. "Tomorrow morning."

When I heard it I couldn't believe it. He was leaving so early. I was still healing from him being away. And now I even wouldn't have enough time to say goodbye. I hugged him and he hugged me back. I could see that he wad also scared that we were being separated.

I gave him one last hug before he left to his room to rest. I layed on the bed and decided to sleep too. I wasn't really tired but I want to be awake when he leaves.

                    ~. ~. ~. ~. ~. ~.

"Goodbye dad! Take care of yourself! "

"I will... And so do you. "he hugged me before he got in the cab and I waved him goodbye. I closed the front door and let the tears out which I was trying extra hard to hold in. I told Diana about my dad leaving and she promised to be with me all the time so I wouldn't feel alone.

In just a few hours Diana and the guys would be here to hang out in the mall or a cafe. Until then I took a shower, decided what to dress and done my hair and make up. After I have finished the bell rang. Perfect timing. As if we were in a story or something and it was supposed to happen. Huh.... 

I opened the door and was greeted with a hug from Diana and 'hey' from the guys. I wasn't surprised not to see Jason. It was scary how hard he was working now that he was Alpha.

We went to a restaurant and stayed there for hours I didn't know how much time had passed, but when we got out it was already dark. We decided to go to my house and watch a movie.

Jason said through 'mind link' that he would try to come over. I guess they didn't really like using phones. We waited until the guys got impatient  and kept whining to start the movie. And by 'guys' I mean 'Marcus'.

I sighed and thought that Jason wouldn't come after all. We started the movie and it was quiet during these 2 hours. Diana and Marcus weren't focusing on the movie and had there own secret conversation which I didn't want to know about. Ed was half asleep on the couch and only woke up when the movie ended. Brad was the only one who was really into the movie, but I looked at him confused because he was crying with tissues crumbled in his hand and the movie was comedy.