Chapter 12 - Murderer (Edited)

Jason POV:
I ran through the forest until I finally arrived to the pack house. I went upstairs to my room and shifted back to my human form, took a shower and wore black skinny jeans and a white T-shirt.

The pack house was very big. The whole pack could live in here. They were allowed to have their own place, but they have to be here at least 2 times a week. When I am Alpha I am going to have the last floor all to my self.

I went downstairs and the house was surprisingly quite. Only the TV could be heard. I went to the living room and I saw Alpha Rob, Beta Matthew, Brad, Zack, Ed, Luke, Marcus and Diana. They were watching something and when they heard my arrival, they all turned their gaze towards me. Rob and Matthew had a disgusted look, Diana and Marcus had an angry look while the rest were just surprised.

"What is going on in he- here? "I asked but stopped when I saw what was on the TV. Was that Mike? He was dead? That was impossible I just saw him with Rose.

ROSE!

Was she alright? Where was she? Was she dead? She couldn't be! I swear if anyone touched a hair on her head I wouldn't hesitate to kill them.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when Rob talked.

"I am very disappointed in you Jason. First you show him your true identity then you kill him. You didn't even bother to hide your tracks,"he said in a cold tone.

What? I didn't kill him. I mean sure I would, but I was not stupid to leave him like this.

"I didn't kill him Rob-"

"That's Alpha for you, " he said. He never was this angry at me. "And I don't expect that this will ever happen again or else I will reconsider you being an Alpha or even being in this Pack,"

"I didn't do it-Alpha,"I spat the last word.

"Then where were you all this time? "it was Brad that asked this time.

"Not your concern," I answered.

"Jason, this is serious! Where were you? " Diana asked. Maybe I should just say where I was.

"I was in the forest, I saw Mike and Rose just minutes ago and I didn't kill him,"

"Wait, why were you watching them? "Brad asked. I saw from the corner of my eyes that Zack was hiding a smile on his face. Did he know something?

"Because she is his mate," Rob said disgustingly. I knew he would know by now since Matthew must have told him by now. Marcus and Diana didn't say anything because they already knew.

"She is your MATE?! " All of the rest yelled at that sametime, except for Zack, he was expecting it. Seriously what was wrong with him?

Rob stomped out of the living room followed by Matthew, Luke and lastly Zack. Brad, Ed, Marcus and Diana stayed with me. Diana still looked angry.

"Diana I told you I didn't do it,"

"No you're lying. I can smell him all over you," tears where forming in her eyes. She always hated the thought of us killing.

"He is telling the truth Diana, " both of us looked at Marcus shocked. Brad and Ed just listened. "When I was in the forest I smelled an unfamiliar scent. I guess now we have rogues in our territory, "

Rogues. Of course. They must have set it all up so I wouldn't be Alpha.

"Wait, Mike was found dead 2 blocks away from Rose's house, it is where she left him. Of course they didn't kill him there or else Rose would have seen it. They killed him and brought him back to where they took him. So are they threating? "I said a bit concerned on her.

"I don't know, but we have to know what they are planning. Right now the whole pack thinks that you did it.
"Marcus said with a serious tone.

"Could Rose be the next target? " Diana said concerned. I clenched my jaws at that thought. I would never let anyone touch her.

All of us agreed to find out what were they planning. They were the only people I trust right now so I told them everything that happened with me and how I wouldn't approach Rose now. Maybe if the rogues saw me with her they would hurt her, but I made sure the rest of us would protect her. Even though I refuse her as my mate, if she died I die with her and that was fact. A werewolf's mate is his other half and once you find her, a bond is born between the two. If the rogues want to get to me, Rose was their easiest way.

We separated and got out of the living room and I went to see Rose. I know I know.... I just want to see if she was okay. I went outside and shifted. I finally arrived at her house. I looked through a window and saw her crying on the couch with her head in her knees. The TV was still talking about Mike's death. I wanted to comfort her, but I couldn't, so it was better if I left her alone.

Just when I was about to leave, I smelt a disgusting scent. Who dares come here? I followed the scent just to quickly stop and partially hide myself when I saw a brown wolf coming out behind a tree a few feet away from me. He was slowly approaching the house, and I waited just to see what was this fool up to.

He came very close to the house and apparently he was looking for a way in. Is he stupid or something? What was he up to? Who was he? He then stopped and stared at nothing. I knew then he was talking to someone by mind link. He looked like he was about to attack and barge in, but before he could I pounced on him.

I snarled my teeth at him and growled. I was bigger than him but being the fool he was he attacked. I bit his neck and when he tried to do the same my claws reached his stomach and scratch it. It would definitely leave a scar. I held him in my mouth and threw him to the wall. He collapsed, blood running down his neck and stomach staining his brown fur.

When I was about to end his life the back door opened revealing Rose terrified face. She looked at me and then at the brown wolf. She stared at that brown wolf as if she recognized him. Did he ever come here before?

She then looked back at me. Before she could scream I grabbed the wolf and ran to the forest where I mind linked Diana, Marcus, Brad and Ed to tell them what happened and what to do with the wolf.

We decided to keep him so we can ask him questions, but we could't let anyone know so we took him into a cell in the middle of the forest. No one knows about it except for a few pack members.

I wanted to make sure Rose was safe first so I sent Ed and Brad to watch over her tonight then Marcus and Diana would do it the night after. Until I find some answers.