8) careful

3:01 pm

eleven: omg you told them!!
dustin: yeahhhhh
eleven: you should've warned me!

dustin: wym?
eleven: i am terrible at faking surprise
dustin: ohhh my bad lol

third person pov

fifth period let out and they headed to lunch. it was friday, which meant they were serving pizza. hawkins middle school had some of the worst pizza you'll ever eat.

when they got to the table, everyone pulled out a lunchbox. everyone but lucas.
"shit i forgot it was friday," he exclaimed, realizing he'd have to eat the pizza.

when dustin opened his lunch, will started laughing so hard he fell out of his chair. he tried to hold it in. his mouth clenched, his face went red, he covered his face with his hands.

but he couldn't help it. it was absolutely hilarious. yet so subtle. absolutely dustin. it just made will like him even more.

"what's so funny?" eleven asked, smirking.
"uh..nothing," will replied nervously. he now realized the consequences of his actions.
"inside joke," dustin said, covering for his secret boyfriend.

*

"you should be more careful, william," dustin said quietly at their lockers.
"sorry, dusty. really. but c'mon, pickles?" will asked in disbelief. dustin just laughed.
"sorry, man. i had to," he replied.

"it was great. i thought i might actually die from the laughter," will said.
"well we can't have that. i need you," dustin said, almost leaning in.

"uh..yeah. but maybe not in the hallway in the middle of the day?" will replied anxiously.
"fair enough," dustin said before slamming his locker and walking in the opposite direction.

"damn, he's cute," will muttered to himself.
"what! does willy have a crush? spill!" max exclaimed. he hadn't realized she was there.

"um..no. sorry, don't know what i was saying. uh, got to go to english. see ya later max!" he said before running down the hall.

"something's going on," max wondered out loud.

something was going on. and she was determined to find out what.