30) violence

3:24 pm

eleven: i told mom what hapnd, she's cool
will: not mad for missing school?
eleven: ofc not. just worried ab you

will: ask if dusty can spend the night
eleven: she said yes
will: okay we'll be there soon

third person pov

"do you wanna stay the night?" will mumbled out through his swollen lips.

"sure, anything you want babe," dustin replied softly. will smiled at his boyfriend before grimacing in pain. dustin let out a small laugh.

"do you wanna go now?" he asked. will nodded his head and dustin helped him up.

they got on dustin's bike together, and rode over to the byers' house.

dustin helped will off the bike, and then carried him inside.

"will? oh my gosh! honey are you alright?" joyce asked as dustin walked in the front door.

eleven appeared from the kitchen and she set a pillow up for will's head. dustin set him on the couch.

"i'm okay mom. really," will replied.

"what happened?" eleven asked. will looked up at his twin and sighed.

"troy and james came after me. they cornered me. punched me and kicked me till i couldn't fight back."

"i'll kill em. i'll kill both of them with my bare hands!" eleven screamed. joyce looked over at her daughter and shook her head.

she took el by the shoulders and spoke softly. "now i know that's what you want to do. believe me. i feel the exact same way."

"but we can't respond to violence with violence," joyce finished. will nodded in agreement.

"yeah, sis. i love you, and i love that you want to protect me. but i don't want you getting hurt as well."

eleven sighed and went to her room to think. so much had happened today, she needed time to process it all.

after checking on her son once more, joyce left, too. dustin turned to will and asked if he needed anything.

"no, i'm fine. you guys really need to relax. let's go to my room," will said, groaning as he tried to sit up.

dustin put a hand on his back to support him, and he slowly stood up. dustin held an arm out just in case, but will slowly gained his strength back.

*

as they lay side by side on will's bed, they were staring at each other's eyes. will reached a hand up and cupped dustin's cheek.

"you know..your eyes are like stars," he said quietly. dustin smirked, remembering his loose words when he was on morphine.

"will..i..i think we might have to break up."