15) chores

6:32 pm

eleven: hey come to max's
dustin: i'm on house arrest
eleven: sneak out

mike: hey, party at mayfield's, hurry up
will: i wish. i'm grounded
mike: your dad?

will: no, he's on a work trip to another town.
mike: that's great ! he can't kill you yet
will: yeah. anyway tell el to text mom

mike: about?
will: convince her to let me come
mike: oh okay

max: party at my house. you in?
lucas: billy home?
max: visiting his mom in cali
lucas: be there in 15

third person pov

"lucas is on his way," max announced to the couple before her. eleven and mike had come over right after school, when max invited them.

"good. dustin's on house arrest but i told him to sneak out. we'll see. how bout will?" eleven asked her boyfriend.

"he's grounded too. he said you should text your mom and try to convince her to let him come. maybe she'll listen to you more?" mike replied.

el nodded and left the room to call her mom. max got up and went to the bathroom to fix her hair. mike thought about how weird it was to see max's girly side.

"where's your family?" he asked as she returned to the room.

"billy's in california visiting his mom. my stepdad and mom are on some weekend retreat with some of their friends," max replied.

eleven appeared in the doorway with a smile on her face. she gave a thumbs up as she walked in the room and sat down beside mike.

"my mom's gonna bring him after he finishes some chores," el informed them. just then a knock came at the door.

the trio of friends made their way downstairs and opened the door to lucas sinclair.
"hey guys!" he greeted cheerfully.

they settled in on the couches in the living room. dustin showed up half an hour later.

"sorry, my mom caught me and i said i was taking out the trash. then she gave me other chores to do. anyway, i'm here now," he explained.

they ordered pizza and when will finally arrived the started a movie. they hadn't had a normal teenage hangout in a long time.