24) worried

3:27 pm

joyce: is he alright?
eleven: yeah. his mom is freaking out
joyce: well he did pass out

eleven: he's awake and alert
joyce: are you at the hospital?
eleven: yeah. they still haven't got to him yet

joyce: i got off work early, i'm on my way
eleven: okay see ya soon

third person pov

"hi, dustin. my name is dr. kepner, and i'm the trauma surgeon here," a redhead doctor said in a peppy voice.

"he wasn't in a trauma. he passed out. he's fine," william byers replied in stern voice.

"it's okay will, they're just trying to make sure," dustin said as grabbed his boyfriend's hand.

will sat down on the edge of dustin's bed and eleven paced back and forth.

"so can you tell me what happened?" the doctor asked as she pulled out a clipboard.

"i was in mr. coleman's office, and he was telling me something, and i passed out," dustin explained.

the doctor nodded and wrote some notes down. will scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"what did he say to you? it's important to tell the truth so we can identify the reason you passed out," dr. kepner explained.

dustin gulped, and locked eyes with his best friend.

"i'm really not comfortable sharing that," he said to the doctor.

"hey, will? you hungry? i am. let's go get some pudding. we'll bring you one too dusty," el said and she grabbed her twin's hand.

dustin mouthed the words "thank you" to her and she winked before walking to the hospital cafeteria.

"sorry. that's my boyfriend, and he'd flip if he heard this. i was suspended from school, and someone vandalized my locker."

"oh..oh wow," dr. kepner replied, clearly taken aback. "was it something about him?" she asked.

"um..y-yes. the note was telling us that we were not welcomed at school. seeing as we're..um.. homosexual," dustin said awkwardly.

the doctor nodded and continued writing.

"so were you worried about him when you heard the news?" she asked.

"yes..i knew he'd take it personally. he's been bullied all his life, even by his dad."

"that's awful..okay. i think you just got overwhelmed, but just in case, we're gonna run a few tests," dr. kepner said as she put her clipboard away.

dustin nodded and she left to inform his worried mother that he was okay.