22) trouble

12:31 pm

will: dustin?
will: are you in trouble?
will: come on !! answer

will: why are you in the principals office
will: dustinnnn
will: ugh

dustin's pov

"i'm assuming you know why you're here?" mr. coleman asked as i sat down in the chair across from his desk. i shook my head no, worried i was in trouble.

"really?" he asked, clearly surprised.
"no. am i in trouble?" i replied. he looked down at his desk, seeming to be searching for the right words.

"mr. henderson, while you were absent on your suspension..there was an incident," he principal said stiffly.

"what kind of incident?" i asked before adding on, "are my friends in trouble? did something happen with them?"

"no, your friends are fine. don't worry about that. it's just, a situation. one that has never really been an issue here at Hawkins High," he continued, feeding my curiosity.

"can you just tell me what happened?" i asked, exasperated as i grew more and more impatient.

he slid a piece of paper across the desk, face down. i turned it over to find a screenshot from a frame on the security cameras.

the picture showed the portion of the hallway with my locker, 201.

across it were spray painted the words "go back to fairy land!" there was even a poster hung that said "we don't want you or your gay boyfriend!"

my eyes began to well up with tears, and i threw the picture back at mr. coleman.

"why are you showing this to me?" i asked, choking on my words as i tried to keep from crying.

"it is protocol for us to inform you of this act of bullying. the students responsible for this were also caught on the tapes, and they've received a week long suspension," he rambled.

he kept talking, something about steps being taken, zero tolerance, how sorry he was, and more.

his words started echoing and his face became blurry. i shut my eyes hard, trying to make it go away.

i felt my head sag, and my body started leaning. i couldn't make it stop, and after a hard jolt, i realized i was on the floor.