20) drama

7:19 am

dustin: morning
will: good morning
dustin: ready to go back to school?

will: ig..i'm ready to see everyone again
dustin: speaking of
will: yeah?

dustin: wanna ride to school together
will: of course !!
dustin: okay meet ya on mirkwood

third person pov

dustin henderson came rode to the corner where cornwallis and kerley meet to find william byers sitting on the curb with his bike.

"what're you doing?" dustin asked.
"waiting on you, slow poke," will replied as he stood up and mounted his bike.

the two boys rode to school side by side, talking the whole way. it'd really only been a few hours since they'd seen each other, but it felt like days.

as hawkins high came into view, mike wheeler waved from the bike rack. eleven appeared from behind him, holding his free hand.

"hey!" mike exclaimed as dustin and will parked their bikes. "good to see y'all again."
"you too," dustin replied flashing a smile.

"long time, no see," eleven said quietly as she hugged her best friend.
"ha ha," he replied dryly.

"where's max?" will asked when he noticed she wasn't around. mike shrugged and looked to el.
"i dunno. probably riding to school with lucas."

just then the couple rode into the parking lot, max on her skateboard, lucas on his bike.

"what's going on?" max asked worriedly.
"what's wrong is that you're late," will joked as he hugged her. lucas gave him a pat on the back before punching dustin in the arm.

"okay guys, it's literally been like four days. they only missed thursday and friday," mike said jokingly exasperated.

"well they were also grounded over the weekend. we just miss them," max replied, eyeing eleven.

"whatever," mike said, smirking, as he rolled his eyes. 

the group of friends began to make their way into the school when el grabbed max's arm, holding her back.

"ready for this?" she asked nervously.
"i mean i guess," the redhead replied.

they walked into school with their best friends, hoping they could avoid the drama the day would inevitably entail.