29) movie

9:12 am

mike: is he okay?!
max: i can't tell. he's beat really bad
mike: we're coming over

max: are you sure that's a good idea?
mike: why would it be? he needs us!
max: missing school?

mike: you and el are missing school
max: fine just hurry up and get over here

third person pov

eleven walked back into the living room with a couple bags of ice. she handed them to dustin, who distributed them across will's bruises.

"mike and lucas are on their way," max said, looking up from her phone.

they all turned to will, and he just groaned. his mouth was so swollen from the punches he could barely speak.

he took a bag of ice from his boyfriend and held it to his lips. his forehead was bleeding, as were one of his arms.

max noticed the blood and went to grab some band aids and antibacterial. eleven went to get him some water.

"i'm so sorry. i'm just..i'm so so sorry. this wasn't supposed to happen. not to you," dustin choked out before he broke down sobbing.

will took his hand and held it tight. dustin leaned on will's shoulder lightly and he cried and cried.

pretty soon the girls came back and he didn't bother wiping away the tears.

dustin excused himself to wash his face and the girls tended to will. max cleaned and bandaged his cuts and eleven help a cup to his mouth.

after some water, tylenol, and ice, he was feeling a bit better.

dustin reentered the room just as a knock came to the front door. he opened it and mike and lucas walked in.

"is he okay?" mike asked. dustin nodded in the direction of his boyfriend, and mike walked towards will.

"hey. what happened?" he asked.

"he's having trouble talking, mikey. his lips are really swollen," eleven explained.

mike nodded in understanding, and lucas sat down on the couch.

"i got your homework. i mean, i know you're not gonna do it right now, but just so you don't get too behind," he explained.

dustin turned on a movie and sat next to will, putting his arm over the boy's shoulder.

"i'm really sorry," he said quietly. will shook his head no, and interlocked their hands again.

dustin gave a weak smile before turning his attention to the tv. and that's how the party spent their entire day.