21) homework

12:23 pm

max: half way through the day
eleven: still no problems here.
max: same

eleven: is will suspicious?
max: nope. dustin?
eleven: i don't think so.

max: good
eleven: they're so lucky to have us
max: ahaha right

third person pov

so far, the day had gone as eleven and max had planned. they'd made it to lunch without anything unusual.

eleven laughed at a joke dustin told and mike helped will on a math problem. lucas was listening to max rant about the test she just failed.

"i swear mrs. gale hates me! i studied for three hours. i knew that material. i felt good about that test. there's no way i really deserve a sixty four," max rambled.

lucas nodded along knowingly and his girlfriend rolled her eyes yet again.

dustin looked at the problem will was working on and his brow furrowed.
"was that homework?" he asked. mike nodded.

"shit! i thought it wasn't due till tomorrow. i have no clue how to do that," dustin worried aloud.

"it's okay, i'm confused too," will said comfortingly as he rubbed his boyfriend's back.
"i'll help you," mike assured them.

mike pulled another pencil out of his bag just as the intercom crackled to life.

"dustin henderson, please report to the principal's office immediately.

dustin henderson to the principal's office immediately. thank you," mr. coleman said through the loudspeaker.

all eyes fell on dustin as he got up from his table and walked through the cafeteria. max and eleven exchanged a knowing look.

mike and lucas both ducked their heads, realizing what it was about. will was utterly confused.