31) everything

8:27 pm

will: if dustin tries to leave, don't let him
eleven: what?
will: like in a few mins. i can't chase him

eleven: why do you need to chase him
will: if he tries to leave. just do it el!
eleven: um...okay

third person pov

"w-what?" will stuttered as his eyes welled up.

"i really like you. but us being together is causing problems for both of us," dustin replied.

"what do you mean?"

"remember when i got called to the principal? my locker was vandalized. because i'm gay. and because i have a boyfriend. and you're getting beat up for it," dustin explained.

will's lip quivered and he began crying.

"i don't want to break up with you, will. i really don't," dustin continued.

"then why are you? i don't understand," the smaller boy replied.

"it's for you. i'd rather be friends with you forever than be your boyfriend until troy "accidentally" kills you or something. i can't risk that. i can't risk losing you."

tears began streaming down will's face, and he searched for the right words to say.

"you don't want to lose me? so you're going to push me away? dustin, that doesn't make any sense!" will exclaimed.

"if you love something, let it go. right?"

"and if it comes back, it was meant to be. this is me coming back! i don't wanna break up!" will whisper yelled.

dustin started crying too, now. he couldn't imagine life without will.

but he'd have to imagine it as friends if he didn't want to risk their safety.

"i'm sorry. this is for the best, will. i won't risk your safety. nothing is worth that risk."

"what about love?" will asked.

dustin furrowed his eyebrows. "what?"

"what about love? isn't that worth the risk? isn't it worth risking everything you have, if it's for love? i love you. and i will risk everything to be with you," will said.

"and dustin, you're my everything. you're my purpose in life. i love you. i really do. so i will risk it. i'll risk my safety and yours," will finished.

dustin looked confused. "why would you do that?" he asked.

"because i'd rather risk everything, than have nothing," the little boy replied.

dustin pulled him close and kissed the top of his head.

"i love you, too, my everything."