Scratch Behind the Ears

Marinette stretched and yawned she'd been working for three solid hours.

"You're tired, Marinette." Tikki hovered around Marinette "take a nap, you won't be much good if you can't get any work done."

"I suppose a quick cat nap won't hurt." Marinette chuckled at her own cat pun and set her head down on her desk.

"I think that's a good idea." Tikki smiled, "you deserve a nap."

Marinette slipped into a light rest.

"Marinette." Chat Noir landed gracefully on her balcony, Tikki flew into Marinette's purse and Marinette stirred.

"Marinette?" Chat Noir tapped on the glass doors and peaked into her room. He found her half asleep lifting her head off her desk. She turned sleepy eyes on him and smiled when she realized who it is.

"Hey Chat." She yawned again and tried to shake the sleep from her brain.

"Sorry, I didn't realize you would be asleep." Chat sighed and scratched his head.

"It's okay, is something wrong?" Marinette pushed out a chair for him but he walked past it and sat on her bed, he leaned his arm on his knees and hung his head.

"Nothing I can really talk about I just... I just needed to be around someone like you." Chat wiped at his eye trying to hide the tear.

"Someone like me?" Marinette asked, pushing her chair under her desk.

"Yeah," Chat nodded, not anything like his usual flirty, show off self. "You know, sweet, caring." Marinette sat beside him, she reached out and touched his shoulder. He looked at her. Marinette tugged him down, he laid back and rested his head on her lap.

"Affectionate." He offered her a half-hearted smile. Marinette scratched his ears "kitties need affection." Chat reached up and took her hand in his, he squeezed it feeling her warmth through his glove.

"I wish my dad thought the same thing..." Chat whispered, Marinette just barely made out the words but she didn't bring attention to it. Instead, she wrapped her arms around him and scratched his head. Holding Chat like this really felt like holding a big kitten.

"You watch Lady bug and me a lot?" He asked her.

"What!" Marinette exclaimed "no-I mean sometimes-I mean you guys are on the news all the time!" Marinette tried to play it cool but Chat Noir was in her bedroom while she was not Ladybug and asking her this question.

"You scratch like Ladybug." Chat sighed enjoying Marinette's warmth "and she always calls me Kitty, like you."

"I'm sorry," Marinette dropped her hand away "do you not want me to."

"No!" Chat Noir exclaimed "no, I like it... I like the..." his cheeks turned red and he looked downward "the contact, it feels nice."

"Okay then." Marinette smiled and went back to scratching his head "I'll keep scratching then."

"Please." Chat Noir closed his eyes, I miss mom so much. He held back the tears and focused on Marinette's hand in his hair. 

----------------

           Hope you guys are enjoying this while I'm getting ideas and also let me know if you like the companion text stories I've been adding. :)

And would you be leaving Chat in the grey like that . :'( lonley kitty