Adrien's Competition Part 5

Marinette was going insane; this boy would just not leave her alone! He's leaving cards and flowers and chocolate, although Alya likes the chocolates. Marinette can't even bring herself to enjoy the attention or the chocolates.

"Tikki, what do I do?" Marinette exclaimed "he won't stop, I tell him I'm not interested and he just sends more gifts!" Marinette flopped onto her bed.

"You should tell your parents." Tikki said "maybe your dad can scare him away."

"My dad might be big, but he's a teddy bear," Marinette sighed "he's not good at scaring people away."

"Well, he's got to stop eventually, right?" Tikki asked optimistically.

"That's what I thought but it's been three weeks and it's only gotten worse." Marinette threw her arm over her face, she really wished Chat would show up now, he always made her feel better.

"Oh, Marinette..." The voice was different but when she looked over she found Chat Noir hauling himself over the edge of her balcony. Weird, he was usually one for dramatic entrances.

"Chat?" Marinette got up and met him at the door. "Chat what are you doing here?" She asked but something was off.

"I'm here to visit you, of course." Chat flopped onto the balcony at Marinette's feet.

"A little early for your visit, isn't it?" She asked reaching down to help him up but he felt a little thinner.

"Are you okay?" Marinette asked, "you sound weird."

"Actually, I am feeling kind of sick." Chat smiled and leaned into Marinette "how about a kiss to make me feel better."

Marinette narrowed her eyes at Chat, he was always super flirty with Ladybug but his relationship with her was more playful. She looked him up and down, he was thinner and his jaw line was a bit more delicate and his hair.... And his eyes... Marinette could kick herself for being so blind.

"Ethan!" She yelled "what is wrong with you?" She lost it, her hand connected with Ethan's face with a loud smack.

"Get out of here, get out!" Marinette smacked him again "what is wrong with you, you can't just sneak into my room and pretend to be someone else!" She yelled at him.

"Please, Marinette!" Ethan whined "I just want to take you out!"

"Take yourself out!" she yelled "Are you crazy... You are crazy!" Marinette batted him toward the door, he covered his head with his hands and tried to hide from her whacks but in that.

Alya opened the door as Marinette batted him into it.

"What is going on here!" Alya asked "why are you hitting Chat Noir?" She asked.

"It's not Chat!" Marinette told her "it's Ethan dressed as Chat Noir."

"What!" Alya snatched the mask off Ethan's face. "You..." Alya couldn't think of a word bad enough to call him.

"GET AWAY FROM MY FRIEND!" She yelled grabbing Ethan and throwing him down the steps.

Ethan cartwheeled down the steps, curling into as tight of a ball as possible to protect his face, he had a shoot tomorrow.

Alya grabbed Marinette and looked her up and down "Are you okay, did he hurt you?"

"No, I'm fine." Marinette sighed "but he tried to trick me into kissin him."

"I'll kill him!" Alya turned, about to go down and take care of Ethan again but Marinette caught her.

"No, it's fine, if he doesn't quite after this, I don't know what's going to get through that thick skull."

"You mean all the hair spray." Alya giggled. Marinette smiled but she wasn't in a laughing mood. This guy was seriously getting out of hand.

"You're okay..." Alya rested her hand on Marinette's shoulder "right?"

"Yeah." Marinette offered a smile "but I have to tell Chat about this and I doubt he's going to like it, he's already had to deal with one copy cat."

"How were his puns?" Alya asked with a smirk.

"He didn't even do any... that was kind of my first hint that he was a phony." Marinette laughed at that. Chat always calls her princess, he almost never calls her Marinette and never when he first hops onto her balcony.

"He's a bad fake then, huh." Alya laughed.

"Crisis averted." Marinette tried to laugh the event away "we really need to get started on our project now, anyway."

"Alright, you've got all the materials and I've got our notebook of awesome ideas." Alya dropped her backpack on the bed and sat beside.

"Awesome." Marinette sat down beside her BFF and the pair got to work. Marinette pushed the whole Ethan thing to the back of her mind and focused on the project. 

---------

Thanks so much for reading, I'm thinking 6 will be the final part, there may be a proceeding companion text story. 

Please let me know what you think.

I LOVE to read comments :)