Adrien's Competition Part 12

Marinette had gotten used to Adrien picking her up and taking her to school the last two weeks. Ethan had broken the order four times by showing up at her house but the police hadn't taken that serious... Until Gabriel Agreste had a word with the chief of police. By the fourth-time Ethan had been escorted off the property and warned not to come back. He hadn't come back since, he had to be warned again about the texting, he thought switching numbers was good enough not to break the order and had Gabriel Agreste not been keeping them in check, Ethan probably would have gotten away with it.

The last three days had been almost normal, accept she and Adrien hung out every day. He made sure she made it home and to school without incident. He texted her regularly when he wasn't with her to make sure he was okay. Although he seemed to know when she was with Chat because he never texted her when Chat was with her.

Marinette checked her phone, as usual Adrien texted her updates. He was about two minutes away. Marinette waited patiently, her father just inside. They were trying not to hover but they were concerned, especially since the first bakery incident, they had never seen Marinette so distraught before.

What is wrong with me? Marinette couldn't help but wonder I shouldn't be afraid of Ethan, I'm stronger than him she glanced down the street again. I can take him Marinette couldn't understand her own feelings, how Chat or Adrien did she didn't know. She had no reason to feel the way she did.

Marinette peered down the street again and saw a familiar car speeding by. Geez, the gorilla is really speeding today. She put a smile on her face and waited for the car to stop, it didn't. Instead, it flew passed her and down the street. It swerved to avoid a stop sign and smashed into a pole.

"Adrien!" Marinette screamed running after the car, she caught sight of the Adrien's blond hair and just the corner of his closed eye against the window.

"Oh my gosh!" Tikki exclaimed from Marinette's purse. Marinette's heart doubled in speed. She didn't understand a lot of her feelings lately but she understood this. Adrien could be hurt or worse...

"Marinette." Ethan's voice made her freeze but not from fear this time, from the horrible thought that maybe he did this.

Ethan's car cut Marinette off and before she could figure out what was going on he grabbed her wrist and yanked her into the car. Marinette yelped as the door closed on her ankle. Ethan dragged her across the seats and tucked her under his arm.

"What are you doing!" She exclaimed finally finding her voice after weeks of enduring him.

"Don't worry, babe." Ethan smiled proudly at the wreck beside him. The gorilla was out of the car and helping Adrien. Marinette couldn't see if Adrien was awake or not.

"Let me out." She demanded glaring at Ethan.

"Don't worry, we'll be out of here in no time." Ethan smiled ahead. He had his girl under his arm and a flight to Cabo on his private jet. Once she saw how amazing he was, she'd fall for him for sure.

Marinette looked back at the wreck, she'd seen worse but if Adrien wasn't wearing his seatbelt or his head hit the window or something else...

Marinette had spent, what seemed like a lifetime to her, afraid of a boy who couldn't actually hurt her. She was exhausted and she was scared and she was a super hero that couldn't protect herself.

She looked to Ethan, a smug smile plastered across his face as if he'd just won some grand prize. She was so tired of being afraid to answer her phone and walk to school and live her normal life.

I'm not afraid Marinette told herself I'm not afraid she repeated as her fear of Ethan turned into anger at what he clearly did to her friend.

Marinette's hand flew forward and what surprised her was the thud that came when her fist connected with Ethan's face, she had intended to slap him but...

"What the heck, Mari?" Ethan growled at her holding his bleeding nose.

"Stop the car." Marinette ordered, glaring at Ethan. She was so done trying to show him any form of consideration. She was getting what she wanted and she was getting it now.

"No." Ethan narrowed his eyes back at her. He hadn't said no outright to her before. He'd just ignored her requests, but this was not a request.

"I didn't ask." Marinette snapped back grabbing Ethan by the collar of his shirt. "are you completely insane!" she yelled at him "he could be hurt!"

"Pfft." Ethan rolled his eyes "Agreste is fine."

"Pull over now." Marinette ordered.

"I told you we're not doing that." Ethan grabbed her wrists and pushed her off of him. Marinette didn't fight him. Instead, she twisted her hands free and lunged across the middle console. She smacked her hand against the unlock button.

"Stop!" Ethan yelled. The driver glanced back, unsure what was going on and slammed on the breaks. The car threw Marinette into the front of the car, sprawled out over the passenger seat with her face near the floor. She pulled the handle and kicked the door open.

"Marinette!" Ethan scrambled to catch her ankle before she could get away from him but her foot swung back and busted his lip.

"Adrien!" Marinette flopped onto the concrete. She was on her feet in the next second and sprinting toward her friend.

This is all my fault. Marinette dropped to her knees beside him. The Gorilla stood by, glancing around for the ambulance he must have already called.

Adrien was breathing and his heart was beating but his eyes were closed and he there was already a bruise forming on his head. she brushed his bangs out of the way to get a better look but that did nothing to make her feel better.

"Adrien..." Marinette peered down at her friend. Holding back any tears because she needed to be strong. She was strong I'm a superhero she thought to herself as the ambulance came and pushed her out of the way and loaded him into the back.

I'm strong

A paramedic looked her over and led her into another ambulance. He was cleaning something on her head, she must've bumped it when Ethan's driver slammed on the breaks.

I'm not afraid

Marinette saw Ethan in handcuffs with an officer leading him away from his car.

I'm

Marinette wasn't afraid anymore

A

She looked out at the mess behind her.

Super hero

She felt guilt pressing down on her, she never meant for any of this.