Adrien's Competition Part 3

Marinette swung into class and looked at the clock "I'm not late!" She cheered.

"Um... Marinette." Alya pointed to Marinette's seat "you got a delivery."

"huh..." Marinette looked at her seat and found not a bouquet of flowers and a box of chocolates but a chair formed from the boxes of chocolates her entire desk and the floor around her covered in flowers.

"Who could have..." Marinette reached for the card tucked into the chocolate box chair.

"Hey, Alya." Adrien greeted as he entered the room, he froze at the site of Marinette's desk.

"What's all this?" he asked, although he had a hunch.

"Oh..." Marinette's face flushed red "it's from Ethan." She spoke mostly to Alya but she knew Adrien was listening.

"but I didn't even go out with him, I told him no." Marinette sighed "I even slammed the door in his face."

"Good." Alya said "just ignore him and share some of that chocolate over here." Alya snatched a box off making one of the arms of the chair a little shorter than the other.

"You think that'll work?" Marinette asked. say

"He'll have to take the hint eventually." Adrien rested a reassuring hand on her shoulder "right." Marinette went stone still at the touch and managed a stiff nod.

"If you so say." She sputtered out. "I mean—if you say so." Marinette went to sit but her chair was completely gone.

"Um..." Marinette touched her finger to her lip.

"Here." Adrien climbed the steps and grabbed a chair from the back of the class. He walked it down and placed it beside him "sit with me today, we'll get this cleaned up after class." Adrien offered a sweet smile. Marinette looked to Alya. Alya gave her a thumbs up and waved Marinette forward.

"Th-thanks, Adrien" Marinette slid into the chair. Adrien sat beside her and rested his hand on the back of her chair. Alya snapped a pic, Marinette would thank her later.

Adrien and Nino walked with Alya and Marinette out of the school. Marinette chatted with Alya and glanced over at Adrien every so often but he was talking to Nino.

"Oh Marinette..." A voice that was becoming annoyingly familiar, sang.

"Ethan?" Adrien looked over to see four white horses attached to a carriage. His hands curled into fists as he glared at Ethan.

"Oh no..." Marinette squeaked hiding her face in her hands. Alya stepped in front of Marinette as Ethan swung down from the carriage.

"Your carriage awaits, baby." Ethan swept his arm out as he bent forward in a deep bow.

"Don't call her baby!" Alya snaps "She is not your baby."

"Come on, Marinette." Ethan called. "I've got a magical night planned out for us."

"Then you'll be enjoying it by yourself." Alya shouted "don't make me come over there."

"You're Marinette's bestie, right?" Ethan drew closer to Alya.

"Better believe it." Alya folded her arms and glared at Ethan.

"Cool, gotta get in with the friends if you want to date a girl." Ethan elbow-jabbed Adrien in the ribs looking for agreement from his occasional co-worker but Adrien just narrowed his eyes at Ethan.

Adrien took a moment to compose himself before spreading a thin smile over his face and clasping Ethan on the shoulder. "You're right, man." Adrien agreed.

"Adrien!" Alya snarled. The boy was about to lose his modeling gig if Alya had anything to do with it.

"But usually you have to get the girl to actually like you first." Adrien steered Ethan away from Marinette.

"Oh, don't worry dude." Ethan looked back at Marinette over his shoulder and winked at her. Marinette groaned and melted into a ball of flustered annoyance.

"I've got the perfect plan, to woo her." Ethan wrapped his arm around Adrien's neck and pulled him closer.

"Woo her?" Adrien repeated.

"Exactly, I'm gonna shower her in gifts and chocolates every day and then we're going to go on a super romantic carriage ride and I'm gonna take her to a nice restaurant and then I'll walk her home and kiss her goodnight."

"What!" Adrien exclaimed shoving Ethan away. "You can't."

"Watch me, bro." Ethan walked passed Adrien and slipped between Alya and Marinette.

"So, Marinette." He held out his hand expectantly "what do you say we get a move on?"

"Ethan, I'm not going out with you." Marinette said.

"Come on, don't be like that." Ethan reached for her hand. Adrien moved to intervene but Alya beat him to it. She grabbed Ethan by the collar of his shirt and threw him backward onto the concrete.

"She said no." Alya glared down at the model with fire in her eyes, daring him to make another move toward her best friend.

"sheesh, Mari's Bestie." Ethan frowned at Alya "what's your deal?"

"LEAVE MY BESTIE ALONE!!!" Alya yelled. Marinette and Adrien both flinched at the volume. Ethan's face was frozen in shock. Slowly it melted into something of a smug look.

"I get it..." Ethan climbed back to his feet.

"Finally." Marinette sighed, Adrien walked back to her side, he had a feeling Ethan still didn't get it.

"You're afraid Marinette won't have enough time anymore with her new boyfriend around." Ethan patted Alya on the shoulder.

"Boyfriend!" the three friends exclaimed in unison.

"But I didn't..." Marinette looked to Adrien. Adrien held up a hand and sighed "I know you didn't, Marinette."

Alya just stared at him for a few moments, allowing her anger to build.

"YOU MUST BE THE BIGGEST MORON IN EXISTENCE!" Alya screeched. "WHAT KIND OF EGOTISTICAL, IDIOT WOULD THINK A GIRL LIKE MARINETTE WOULD EVER BE INTO YOU?!!!"

"Calm down, Ally, Marinette has enough room in her heart for both of us." Ethan smiled back at Marinette.

"MY NAME IS ALYA!!!"

Adrien almost felt bad for Ethan. Alya was nice... until you messed with Marinette. Adrien looked at Marinette and he did feel bad for her, the anxiety was evident on her face. He was used to seeing her flustered, she was even kind of cute when she got that way but she just wanted this to be over.

"Let me take you home." Adrien offered. "and Alya too."

"YOU SELF-CENTERED IGNORAMOUS!" Alya went on "HOW DOES ANYONE PUT UP WITH YOU!"

"Alya..." Adrien tapped Alya on the shoulder.

"WHAT!" she screamed at him, Adrien shrank under the ferocity of her voice.

"Would you, um... like a ride home..." Adrien gestured to his car.

"Oh, sorry." Alya shook herself "no thanks, I've got some stuff I got to do."

"You sure?" Adrien slid a glance at Ethan, maybe he should be more concerned about leaving Alya alone with him... maybe she was trying to get rid of any witnesses.

"Yeah, you and Marinette go ahead." Alya pulled her friend into a hug "if he shows up tonight call me, I'll be there to get rid of him."

"Thanks, Alya." Marinette pecked Alya's cheek and gave her friend one last squeeze.

"I'll text you later." Alya waved her friend off.

"At least this way he won't bother you on your way home." Adrien opened the door for her.

"Yeah, thanks, Adrien." She slid into the car, relief at finally having gotten away from Ethan. Adrien smiled at her as he closed her door. That's better her face wasn't so scrunched up anymore.