Adrien's Competition Part 6

Chat slipped into Ethan's room. It was long after everyone else went to bed and the stores around them had closed. Ethan's house was very similar to his own home. It was big, lots of security and basically a glorified prison. Ethan didn't seem to see it in the same light as Adrien though,

"She's so cute when she's playing hard to get." Ethan's voice came from his bed. The light illuminated his face for Chat, not that he needed help seeing in the dark. Chat watched him for a minute, his skin felt hot, too hot. He couldn't remember ever feeling so angry before but what he did... sneaking into Marinette's room... pretending to be her friend... Chat had reign himself in before he did something he was going to regret.

"She loves attention." Ethan chuckled, his phone bleeping with each text he sent. Chat smiled when there was no return beep.

"Gotta make sure the bae knows I'm thinking of her." Ethan's laugh made Chat's skin crawl. He never should have let this guy anywhere near Marinette. How was he supposed to know that Ethan would do this? He's never gone for a girl like Marinette before. She's not his type, how could he possibly have known he would pursue her? and like this?

"I warned you to leave her alone." Chat green eyes reflected the little bit of light in the room.

"What the—" Ethan leapt out of bed at the cat like eyes hovering in the middle of his room. He scrambled to turn the flash light on but Chat cleared the bed and soundlessly landed beside Ethan. Chat snatched the phone from Ethan's hand and tossed it across the bed.

"Chat Noir!" Ethan exclaimed.

"You're even more stupid than you look, Ethan." Chat grabbed Ethan by the arm and hauled him to his feet. "you can't take a hint and you can't take a warning." Chat held his hand out. He should, he should use his cataclysm on this creep...

"Marinette is way out of your league, Ethan." Chat glared at Ethan. Ethan could only really make out the shape of Chat's eyes and they did not look friendly.

"Yeah right." Ethan rolled his eyes "no girl is out of my league."

"this one is." Chat said firmly "and I already warned you so I hope you're ready to deal with me." Chat narrowed his eyes at Ethan "because I'm ready to deal with you." His gloved hand clamped down on Ethan's arm.

"Ouch man!" Ethan whined, the light from his phone caught Chat's hand as he raised it up.

"you wouldn't..." Ethan trailed off then because this kitty looked one hundred percent like he would.

"Why do you even care!" Ethan tried to stall.

"Marinette happens to be a very good friend of mine." Chat kept his hand up "and you're making her nervous and you're scaring her and Marinette doesn't scare easily so..." Chat pulled Ethan closer "We now have a problem..." Chat shoved him backward onto the ground.

"Cata..." I should... Chat thought I SHOULD he yelled at himself I have to protect my princess...

"I'll tell her your secret!" Ethan yelled, breaking through Chat's thoughts.

"Oh yeah?" Chat rolled his eyes "What secret could you possibly now about me?"

"I'll tell Marinette you have a crush on her." Ethan smirked, thinking he had the upper hand. Chat Noir crouched down, his face just inches away from Ethan's "go ahead." Chat smirked when Ethan's face fell into one of shock.

"but...you..." Ethan shook his head "I'll tell everyone she's your girlfriend."

Chat shrugged "then you'd be stalking Chat Noir's girlfriend and I don't think my fans would take too kindly to that..." Chat rubbed his chin "actually... do that, it'd save me the time of having to deal with you myself." Chat scratched his head and sighed, he felt a little bit better now that he had finally gotten to Ethan, if Ethan was threatening him then Chat had the upper hand.

"Actually... I don't have time to deal with you, my princess is waiting for me to visit."

"You'd better stay away from my girl!" Ethan's voice shook, he wanted to sound brave but Chat had scared him. Good, he deserved to be scared the same way he was causing Marinette so much stress.

"I'm going to let Agreste handle you..." Chat smirked over his shoulder at Ethan.

"Agreste...?" he didn't understand.

"Marinette and Agreste are pretty close friends, he's been concerned about her but I think he actually has this all under control." Chat leapt across the room and landed on the window sill.

"Wait... what do you mean?" Ethan ran after him. Chat threw a lazy two fingered salute at him and dropped from the window, melding into the shadows and disappeared.

I know exactly what I'm going to do Adrien thought.

---------

I hope you're enjoying the companion text stories and this is becoming much longer than i thought it was going to... by the end of this part you probably realized that this is not the end of this story so please stick around there is more to come. 

Thanks so much for reading :)

And discussion though... who kind of wanted Chat to use that cataclysm... just me...well then...