Adrien's Competition Part 11

Marinette helped her father whisk together some more macarons, he had a big order and mom was busy today so she had to help. She was not afraid of Ethan coming in. She wouldn't be afraid because Adrien's father got the restraining order and Ethan was not allowed to talk or text or come to her school or her home... even though he'd been texting her all day and yesterday and last week since the order was delivered to his home.

"I'm not scared." Marinette whispered mostly to herself. Tikki sat on the counter.

"You're safe here, Marinette." Tikki tried to help Marinette as best she could "he can't come here anymore and the police said if he kept texting to tell them and they'd make him stop."

"but I did that, they're not doing anything." Marinette whispered to Tikki.

"Adrien said his father would make sure." Tikki reminded her

"I know but..." Marinette trailed off when her phone beeped. A teenager shouldn't be afraid of her phone beeping.

"I'll look." Tikki flew over to Marinette's phone. The smile on Tikki's face told Marinette that there was no way it was Ethan.

"It's Adrien." Tikki brought Marinette's phone to her. Marinette breathed a sigh of relief.

"He's on his way over, he's going to have his Mandarin lesson here in the bakery again." Tikki paraphrased the text for her. Marinette smiled Adrien is so sweet she thought as her smile returned and she whisked the mix.

"He'll be here in ten minutes." Tikki set her phone beside her and waited for more texts.

"Can you please text him back and tell him I said thank you." Marinette instructed "and that I've got an extra special treat for him."

Tikki tapped away at the phone and smiled at Marinette "done."

"Thank you, Tikki." The little Kwami smiled up at Marinette. The phone beeped again and Marinette reached for it but Tikki saw the screen first and immediately lost her smile.

"Wait!" Tikki snatched the phone away from her. Marinette froze.

"It's Ethan... isn't it?" Marinette curled around the bowl in her hands, holding it like a shield in front of her.

"Don't worry, Marinette." Tikki tried to ignore the incessant beeping behind her "Adrien and his body guard will be here soon."

"Right." Marinette nodded to herself. "Yeah, he'll be here—"

"Oh Marinette..."

Marinette froze at the voice, she was alone, expect for Tikki. Her father was out making a delivery and Adrien was still ten minutes away. Marinette's heart doubled.

"I shouldn't be this scared." She growled at herself, frustrated "I'm a super hero." She looked to Tikki "it's not like he's going to hurt me, he's annoying, he's overstepping boundaries but but..." Marinette's breath came too fast as Ethan came into view, the glass case that held the desserts the only thing between them. Marinette shrank back but Ethan caught sight of her before she could disappear.

"Marinette!" He exclaimed "baby, come on." He walked behind the counter. Tikki disappeared into Marinette's bag and Marinette stood there with the bowl in her arms.

"Baby, lets go." Ethan took the bowl from her hands and grabbed her wrist "I've got reservations." He pulled her out from behind the counter and toward the door.

"No." Marinette finally managed. "Ethan I don't want to go with you." Marinette pulled on her arm but Ethan was strong.

"stop being silly." Ethan laughed her off and pulled her through the door. There was a car outside waiting for them "hurry up, what you're wearing is fine."