Adrien's Competition Part 1

"Oh, my gosh, Alya!" Marinette exclaimed, "he's coming over here."

"Chill, girl." Alya helped compose her friend "just act natural."

"Natural." Marinette nodded "right."

"Hey, Adrien!" Alya waved to Adrien. Adrien smiled and waved back.

"Alya, Marinette." Adrien offered a smile to Marinette "what are you guys doing here?"

"Um-iceking..." Marinette shook herself. Adrien waited patiently as she composed herself.

"I mean, walking." She finally got out "to get Ice-ice cream." Marinette smiled somewhat proud, she didn't stammer as much as usual.

"It's a nice day for ice cream." Adrien agreed "I just finished a shoot, mind if I tag along?"

"Yes please." Marinette squeaked. She could almost high five herself, she actually said what she wanted to say.

"And me too." A brown-haired boy slipped between Adrien and Marinette.

"Oh... sure." Marinette smiled at the stranger, he looked about their age. "You can come too."

"Thanks, cutie." The boy took her hand and pressed a kiss to it.

"Um... thanks?..." Marinette just stood there when he didn't release her hand. She looked to Alya for help.

"I think that's good, Ethan." Adrien pulled his friend away from Marinette and took his usual place beside her. He hadn't realized how used to walking beside her he was until he almost didn't.

"So, who's this?" Alya looked Ethan up and down, he was targeting Marinette hard and she didn't like it. Marinette only had eyes for Adrien, even if Adrien was too dense to see it.

"Oh," Adrien clapped a hand on his buddy's shoulder "this is Ethan, he's a model too."

"Ah, another pretty boy, huh?" Alya didn't do much to mask her annoyance at Ethan's eyes securely on Marinette.

"Guess so." Adrien laughed good naturedly but he suddenly found himself eased to the side.

"So, what's your name?" Ethan slithered between Marinette and Adrien, easily falling into position.

"I'm Marinette." Marinette said politely. Adrien frowned a little why doesn't she talk to me like that? She's always gets so flustered with me.

"You're really pretty, you know that?" Ethan rested his arm across her shoulders as they walked. She was a good height for him "You should come to my next shoot, I bet I could get you in a few shots with me."

"Oh, no thank you." Marinette grabbed his finger and eased his arm off her shoulder "I couldn't be a model, I'm too clumsy, I'd just mess everything up."

"You clumsy?" Ethan draped his arm back over her shoulders "not a chance."

"Oh, no." Adrien slipped between Alya and Marinette and 'accidently' bumped Ethan's arm off Marinette's shoulders when he rested his hands on them.

Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh Marinette panicked internally Adrien's hands are on my shoulders

"She's clumsy, we actually first met when she nearly toppled face first into the ground." Adrien actually really liked the memory, he preferred it to their actual first meeting which was when she thought he was putting gum on her seat.

"I caught her though, and we've been friends ever since." Adrien squeezed Marinette's shoulders.

His hands are so warm Marinette thought unable to focus on the conversation.