Adrien's Competition Part 15

Chat landed beside Marinette, his eyes reflecting in the low light.

"Hey, Cha—"

Chat wrapped her up in his arms and squeezed her. "You stay in the house next time." He just stood there, holding her. Marinette sighed.

"I'm fine, Chat." She hugged him back.

"No, you're not." Chat scooped her up and looked at her leg, all wrapped up and the stitches in her hand.

"You got hurt, Princess," Chat could kick himself for "he hurt you and I didn't save you." Chat looked down as he took a step into her bedroom. "I was knocked out."

"knocked out?" Panic surged through Marinette at the thought that Ethan had managed to get to Chat as well.

"like sleeping." Chat quickly amended "a cat nap." He flashed as smile and Marinette rolled her eyes at him.

"anyway..." she sighed "I already told you." Marinette smiled at her kitty, she rested her head against his masked face.

"You don't always have to be my hero, you can just be my friend."

Chat Noir met his Princess's eyes and smiled at her, but he could see the guilt in his eyes, he wanted to be the one to save her.

"You're too nice for your own good, Princess." Chat carried her into the room. Marinette smiled, mostly to herself, Adrien said the same thing.

"Marinette." Marinette's father pushed the door open and popped his head in to find a black suited boy carrying his daughter across her room.

"Pappa..." Marinette began, she knew how it must have looked. After Ethan pretended to be Chat, and her mentioning the real Chat Noir occasionally stopped by her balcony.

Tom heaved himself up into the room "get your hands off my daughter!" Tom hollered, he had failed to protect his daughter the first time, it was not going to happen again.

Tom snatched Marinette's pillow off her bed and launched it at Chat. Chat easily leapt put of the way, Marinette secure in his arms.

"Mr. Dupain-Cheng." Chat tried to get his attention.

"Put her down!" Tom yelled

"I would—" Chat dodged a doll version of himself. "If you would stop—" he ducked out of the way of Marinette's fabric basket.

"Throwing things." Chat pounced across the room and laid Marinette in her bed.

"There," Chat said fisting his hands on his hips "all tucked in—"

Tom nailed Chat Noir in the face with Marinette's waste basket.

"Papa!" Marinette exclaimed sliding onto the floor beside Chat. Chat sat up and rubbed his head.

"His arm is almost as good as Ladybugs." Chat shook himself. Marinette tried not to laugh at that.

"Here." Marinette tried to help Chat up but he turned it around and leapt to his feet, pulling her to her feet beside him.

"Sir," Chat said keeping his arm around Marinette for support. "I would never hurt, Marinette."

"How do I know you're the real Chat Noir?" Tom asked.

Chat smirked and held a finger up "First off, do you see these eyes?" he flicked his nose "no costumed creeper can replicate these gems."

Marinette snickered rolling her eyes.

"and second." Chat pressed his hand to his chest "I'm PAWsome."

Tom relaxed "Marinette told you were a bit of a pun master."

"Oh, did she?" Chat smiled devilishly at Marinette.

"I did not use those words, Papa." Marinette pouted a bit.

"Well, what words did you use, Princess?" Chat started to lean into her but stopped when Tom cleared his throat.

"Right." Chat chuckled nervously "bad idea to flirt with you in front of your dad."

"Very bad idea." Tom smiled good naturedly.

"I said punsitivly pawful." Marinette burst into laughter at Chat's stunned face. A mixture of faux offense and genuine pride.

"Puurrrincesss." Chat purred "was that two puns in a row?"

"better not get used to it, Kitty." Marinette tapped his nose "it won't happen again."

"I'll treasure this moment forever." Chat nuzzled her. Tom cleared his throat and Chat pulled back, a bit red-faced.

"I thought you and Gabriel's son were a couple." Tom teased a bit, it was good to see his daughter happy again.

"No." Marinette groaned "he was just helping me with the whole Ethan thing."

"So, will Chat Noir be taking over that position now or should I bake extra chocolate cookies for Adrien?"

"I'd keep the cookie count up, Papa." Marinette giggled.

Yes Chat thought excitedly on the inside.

"well, Chat Noir, would you like to join us for a family movie night?" Tom offered. Chat looked at him, taken off guard.

"Really?"

"Sure, any friend of Marinette's is welcome here" Tom patted Chat on the shoulder. "especially one that's so handy when it comes to saving her from supervillains."

Chat smiled a bit sheepishly and Marinette started to limp toward the door.

"Oh, no you don't, Princess." Chat swept Marinette up into his arms and carried her down the steps.

"I can walk just fine." Marinette groaned.

"I think a broken ankle means you can't." Chat set her on the couch between her parents. Tom pulled Chat down between him and Marinette and patted his shoulder.

"I hope you like popcorn." Tom placed the bowl into his lap.

"I love it." Chat didn't need anymore invitation than that.

Marinette was the last one up as the movie ended, her parents had swapped places and sat with their faces pressed against each other as they silently snored and Chat lay curled up with his head on Marinette's lap. She stroked his hair as the movie credits rolled and the bloopers played. She laid her head back and slept better than she had in weeks.

________________________________

I'm sorry... I love the MariChat dynamic I promise we'll end this with either Lady Noir or Adrienette and then Ladrien one shots (actual one shots and not 15 part "one shots" like this)

Also though, who loves protective Papa???? just me?

and family movie night :D and they even included the Kitty (warm feelings inside)

is it just me though or are Marinette's parents kind of relationship goals.)

Please comment, vote and in other words let me know what you think, thanks

XOXO

P.S there was a mix up with the text stories, i posted 14 on part 13 by accident and then 15 on 14's so 13's text story will be posted and linked to part 13 tomorrow, sorry for the mix up XD.