Adrien's Competition Part 2

Marinette worked through an equation while Tikki played with the wardrobe Marinette had been building up for her. They were mostly little dresses but Tikki was twirling around in a tiny ballerina skirt.

"Thank you for the clothes, Marinette!" Tikki giggled as she twirled using her ability to fly to gracefully jump across her stage, which was an old doll house of Marinette's

"Of course, Tikki." Marinette smiled at her friend "you look great in them," Tikki giggled and hugged Marinette's cheek. Marinette gently patted her friend on the back. A knock at the door interrupted the friends. Marinette groaned. "Ugh, I bet it's that guy."

"Just tell him no and close the door." Tikki said.

"I don't want to hurt his feelings." Marinette sighed.

"If he doesn't take no for an answer then you have to just ignore him." Tikki slipped into Marinette's purse, she wasn't willing to leave Marinette alone with that guy.

"Oh Marinette." Ethan's voice sounded through the door. Marinette winced, his voice was definitely not as pretty as his face. Marinette answered the door.

"You're even cute in sweats." Ethan smiled at her outfit.

Marinette looked down, she had completely forgotten she had changed into a tank top and sweats when she got home.

"But I'm taking you someplace nice." Ethan leaned against the door frame. "So, you should go change into something a little dressier." He winked at her.

"Look, Ethan." Marinette sighed. "I really appreciate the offer and everything but..." Marinette trailed off as Ethan's smile began to fall.

"I'm just really busy tonight and there's this kind of someone else—"

"Is he your boyfriend?" Ethan asked.

"Well... no." Marinette sighed "but I'm working on it."

"So, you're not taken." Ethan's smile returned. "now go and change, I've got a whole night planned." He nudged her back into her house.

"Ethan!" Marinette sighed "you're not listening to me."

"Hurry up and change." Ethan pushed "we have all night to talk about you."

"Ethan!" Marinette stumbled backward "I don't want to go out with you."

"What..." Ethan finally quite pushing her, he just stared at her as she righted herself.

"I'm sorry, Ethan." Marinette sighed, she hadn't meant to yell at him like that. "I'm just interested in someone else, okay?" Marinette watched him for a reaction but he just stood there.

"Ethan..."

Chat Noir practically flew across rooftops, toward Marinette's home. Chat perched on the edge of a building as Marinette's door opened. There was a slight fear that when she opened the door she would be dressed and ready to go on a date with him. That she thought it over and changed her mind. The fear dissolved immediately when he saw she was in a pair of sweats she probably made herself, and a tank top. Chat smiled as Marinette stayed firmly in her house, the door halfway between them. Chat strained his ears to hear what they were saying. Marinette seemed to be standing her ground so Chat just hung back and watched the exchange.

Chat gripped the edge of the building when Ethan pushed Marinette back inside, he could just barely catch the words "go change" Chat could tell all the way where he was that Marinette was getting flustered. Marinette lost her footing and Chat nearly leapt off the building and attacked Ethan right there.