The Party

"Hoseok!" You giggle, "Please no more fortune telling thingies!"

 "No wait, last one!" Hoseok promised tears of laughter in his eye. "Here, give me your palm."

 Jungkook moved one of the 'mood enhancing' candles out of the way.

"What's this one supposed to do?" Your older brother asked.

"Oh, stop being so grumpy Yoongi!" You joke.

"Can't.  Tired.  So boring." He drones lazily, slumping over Jungkook who is laughing just as much as Hobi.

"Hmm, interesting." Hobi bends your wrist and dramatically inspecting your hand. "You have a long line that ends between your ring and middle finger." He looked up at you to watch your reaction.

"And what does that mean?" You ask excitedly. Meeting his eyes.

"You're gonna find your soul-mate." 

You both start laughing more. "Damn, I wish this stuff was real. I'd love to find my soul-mate"

"You don't have to look, I'm right here" The tallest of your brothers' friends picks you up from your chair and starts waltzing with you.

"Namjoon!" You gasp, then pretending to be stuck up you say "Darling never, you're like a million years old."

"What! I'm younger than Yoongi-Hyung" He said in mock offense.¨Plus M'lady, it's time for me to take you guys home." He bowed to you, taking your hand.

You take a second to stop giggling and shake Yoongi awake, who is now lying on the table while Hobi tries to cast a spell on him and Jungkook is practically on the floor hysterical. You meet with Taehyung and Jimin at the front door while he passes you and Yoongi your coats and scarves. 

"Everyone got everything? Good, the truck is already started and should be warm." Namjoon pulls his own boots on and leads you guys out the front door of Hoseok's cozy townhouse. 

You glance back to see Hoseok and Jungkook seeing you guys off. Kookie practically lived there so he didn't have to take an extra long bus ride to the university. He's studying to be a vet.

You enjoy spending time with your brothers' friends because when Yoongi was in one of his moods you had someone to talk to. And today Yoongi was most certainly in one of his moods. He sleepily opened the passenger door and complained under his breath that the passing traffic was too loud.

"Sorry for breaking up the fun guys." Jimin says sheepishly "I've got job interviews all day tomorrow, and I need the sleep."

"Hey don't worry about it." You smile and open the car door for him

"Thanks, y/n." 

"Hey, y/n did you hear about what that American baseballer did last night!" Taehyung asked you excitedly.

Yoongi grumbles from the front seat and mumbles something along the lines of 'shut up' 

"I didn't it!" You raise your voice a bit, just to bug him.

"Gah" Yoongi grumbles more.

"Yoongers did you hear about that American baseballer last night!"

"Hyung did you!" Jimin inquires, smile lines showing.

"Ah, Jiminie not you too."

Sometimes you wonder if his moods last so long because you annoy him the entire time. 

Glancing out the window you see familiar decrepit buildings with a worn sidewalk, laced with unshoveled snow and ice. Namjoon turns a corner and swerves to avoid several enormous pot-holes. Your apartment comes into view, scowling at the ugly brown brick (with most of the pieces missing). He pulls up into the parking lot of your building. The cheapest apartment block in Seoul. 

You and Yoongi didn't have very many options. When your parents divorced, they both refused to see either of you, so Yoongi works his butt off as a secretary for some lame doctor's office while you finish your last six months of university. (Thank God for scholarships).

"Here's your stop." Namjoon smiled.

"Thanks again Namjoon," Yoongi says, slowly lifting himself from his resting place.

Your relationship with your brother has never been great, but since the year that your family split it's almost like he's a different person. You rarely see him smile or even talk. On top of that, every other week he's in one of his sleepy or pissed off moods.

Your halfway to the front door when you hear a soft mewing coming from the sparse bushes. Making a detour you crouch down to the bush and pick up a small light brown kitten. Immediately he starts purring.

"Yoongers come look! He's so cute" You search his neck looking for tags but you're met with clumps of matted hair and small bald spots. 

"Hey what's your name lil guy" You hand him your new friend. Taking off your scarf you wrap it around the little kitty. He gives you loving look.

"Can we keep him, Yoongi please" Your usually stern brother has gone all soft in the thirty seconds of holding the tiny creature.

"Only because it's minus 10 out here and I got paid last Friday and he looks hungry and he's small and we can take him to Jungkook tomorrow maybe" He quickly spits out. Brows furrowed, trying to convince himself. He points a gloved finger at you "And just this one time"

"You're amazing, and I love you forever!" You practically skip to the front door and open it for him. 

The short walk to the end of the dimly lit hall was the most fun you had with your brother in a long time. 

You stop in front of the front door.

"I don't wanna name him 'Agust D' it sounds like one of your stage names from high school!" You tease, absentmindedly removing strips of peeling paint off the wall. 

He one handedly unlocks and opens the squeaky door. Stepping inside you're hit with the familiar musty smell and a slight draft.

"That's because it is  one of my stage names from high school!" He chuckles, revealing his gummy grin that you've missed so much. "Plus Suga is a silly name for him because he is brown, y/n brown."  He looks at you full on smiling. "And why do you keep suggesting names relating to me that's very unfair." 

Yoongi tosses his keys on a little shelf by the door, and his boots against the dinged up wall that was cream at some point.

You think for a moment "How about Seokjin?" You say while hanging your coat on the back of a broken chair.

"Well," Yoongi ponders "I've never met a horrible person with the name Seokjin so I guess it works."

"Perfect! It can be Jin or Jinnie for short and..." Your brother cuts you off  

"Y/n quit being so loud before the neighbors call the cops on us." He handed you Jin "I want to take him to Jungkook if we can, maybe he can ask his professor if he can use the vet equipment"

"Jinnie the Kitty." You say Jin looks up at you again with that loving look. You could swear he's smiling.