"Don't purr, okay?"

(Yoongi's perspective)

Namjoon pulled up on the street in front of Hoseok's townhouse. Yoongi knocked on the door, and it opened almost immediately. 

"You all made it!" Said a very excited Jungkook. He stepped aside to let you in, Jin gave a polite bow to the host. "Hey you're y/n's boyfriend, Seokjin, right? Jimin told us." They shook hands happily. Jungkook lead Jin to the living room where everyone was waiting. 

Yoongi stayed close behind Jin, just in case he had to bail him out. Before joining the other maknaes and Jin, Taehyung passed Yoongi a dealcoholized beer, which he gladly accepted.

"So I think it's kinda funny because Y/n and Yoongi-hyung have a kitten named Jin too, have you ever met him?" Jungkook asked.

Yoongi promptly choked on his beer.

"Ah, no I haven't actually."

"Jin you really need to meet the little guy! He's so cute." Taehyung said, playfully punching Jin's arm.

Yoongi recovered enough to say; "Jin! I'm sure you would like to meet everyone." He stood up and Jin mirrored him. Yoongi led him away from the cluster of troublesome maknaes. The minute Jin was introduced to Hoseok they were having an excited discussion about some frivolous activity.

At a quarter to 8 Namjoon left and came back with takeout from the Panda express across the street. After dinner, everyone was in the living room again and y/n was sitting on the floor with Jin across her lap, scratching the nape of his neck. Jungkook was reading out his cards, impersonating whomever it was from. He was reading out Namjoon's when Jin purred.

Damn that bloody cat instinct. 

He had never wanted to punch someone so bad, not even a patient, but he settled for dragging Jin's idiotic ass down the hallway.

"The hell  do you think you're doing!" Yoongi hissed keeping his voice low. He didn't hear anyone in the living room talking, probably listening for when to call the cops when Yoongi killed Jin.

"I don't know-" He stammered, "what did I do wrong?" 

"You can't go around purring left, right, and center! It's weird so quit it!"

"I don't get it! Why is it weird?"

You've got to be kidding me "Look when a human purrs like that it sounds like something people do when you're intimate with someone. So everyone here thinks you're sleeping with my sister." Yoongi explained trying his best to be calm.

"But I am sleeping with y/n."

"WHAT!"

Jin jumped back in shock "I've slept on her pillow for four months! Yours too!" He replied defensively.

Hoseok's voice was the only thing keeping Yoongi from strangling Jin. "Hey, you guys good over here?"

At least there would be attendees to Jin's funeral.

"Peachy," Yoongi replied.

The rest of the evening was fine. Yoongi was talking to Jimin about their lives, y/n was talking to Namjoon, joking loudly about their 'wedding plans'. And Jin had made a house of cards, which Taehyung promptly knocked down, which Yoongi thought was hilarious, but it offended Jin a little. At about 10:30 Namjoon drove, Yoongi, y/n, Jin, and Jimin home. Taehyung stayed at Hobi's because he didn't have a morning shift on Thursdays. 

***

Yoongi was curled up in bed almost asleep.... when a knock on the door pulled him out of sweet slumber. Jin cautiously opened the door

"Yoongi?" He asked, "I can't sleep, and y/n isn't leaving any space to share with her." 

"Nothing I can do about that, go back to the couch."

"I can't, I want to cuddle with someone, I mean I can ask y/n again but-"

Yoongi didn't much care for the idea that Jin was going to sleep next to him, but he disliked the idea even more that he would sleep next to y/n, especially after the conversation they had earlier.

"Yeah, sure whatever." Yoongi opened up a corner of the blankets so Jin could crawl in.

He was almost asleep again when Jin spoke. "Hey, Yoongi do you think you could -ah- you know- cuddle with me?" 

"Jin we are not spooning, you're lucky I've let you in my room at all." Yoongi could hear Jin sit up.

"What does spooning mean?"

Really! 

"It means cuddling. Now go to sleep."

"Why not?"

"Jin I'm serious go to sleep before I make you sleep in the hallway."

"Okay." Jin laid down again, Yoongi could hear the disappointment in his voice, and he caved.

"Fine! But just this one time and you're not telling y/n."

Jin snuggled against his chest, and Yoongi dropped his arm around Jin's side. The experience wasn't that bad, he had missed the ability to cuddle close to someone too. Some days he was jealous that Jin the cat frequently picked y/n to sleep with. He felt a hand clutch his shirt. He still had the behavior of a kitten so it was okay that he didn't feel uncomfortable. Right? As long as y/n or anyone else never found out he would be fine.